News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The setback is great given the location next to the Royal Alex. I like it because it allows for a spacious patio, as well as a place for people to socialize. The reflecting pool sounds redundant given the one across the street at Metro Square and not really compatible with the idea of the space as a social space. In fact, it almost sounds like there's too much space to work with.

The tower itself is short of being iconic. To be iconic requires more originality in form rather than tacking on panels. Absolute is iconic. So is City Hall. The T-D Centre has Mies van der Rohe's iconic black minimalist aesthetic on a scale that makes it unique in the world. Fortunately, this tower doesn't have to be iconic, but it should to be bold and memorable. What we have is a great looking design that will fit into this high-profile location nicely.

This tower needs to be built to this design without compromises down to the granite forecourt. The only other concern I have is about the south facade that faces King Street. It would have been better if the front of tower was more striking in design because it's also going to be prominently visible from Metro Square across the street. Most people in the square will probably be able to see some of the west side of the tower with the diagonal panels, but it would have been more interesting to make the front more exciting than just a series of balconies with horizontal white stripes of varying widths.

I would like the angled "rubber band" panels if they were key structural features rather than structurally unnecessary.

Would be great to have a small pocket park in front like NYC's Paley Park or Greenacre park there with great outdoor seating and water fall.

city's small floor plates!

:(
Not sure I would call this one "iconic." It is pretty much Spire or Murano with the bow and ribbons still on. Nor is it "audacious" to combine clean vertical and horizontal lines with what looks like random beams of forgotten construction scaffolding. It is a nice effort but the marketing folks have missed the mark, and so have the architects.

It's the same architect as Murano and Spire and Ucondos so a similar look is understandable. With the City imposing small floor plates for tall buildings there is not much choice but to have a boxy looking building. If the City were to allow larger floor plates then we would get much more interesting architecture

HOw will those stupid stripes affect the views from inside? If you have one of those 346sq ( no joke, they do have it on this building ) will it block your view?

Back