News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

amazing what a few trees and some splashes of greenery do to this area... the wooden blinds are also a very nice element here. I commend the developer for following through with these very nice details.

Always thought that with good landscaping it could work.

And as much as I agree that it should be wrong, I've always found it oddly endearing.

Mature trees along Bloor will mark a huge improvement. I walk by here quite often and every time I think to myself how cold and uninviting it looks from the street.

A little bit better (from 0/10 to 1/10) but there is only so much the landscaping can do to improve the view of this quad between November and April.

It looks promising, I'll look forward to seeing it complete.

There aren't going to be any mature trees.

Mature trees along Bloor will mark a huge improvement. I walk by here quite often and every time I think to myself how cold and uninviting it looks from the street.

All the trees are being planted in boxes or narrow, shallow trenches, so none of these trees will ever mature. They will probably live 15 years of stunted life and then die.

Here is a photo of the trench the trees are going into on the Bedford side. Also note the poorly thought-out lighting that throws weird shadows on the John Lyle Studio facade at night.

All just lipstick on a pig, if you ask me.

Trench - Bedford Road side by West Annex News, on Flickr

John Lyle Studio facade at One Bedford by West Annex News, on Flickr

Last edited:

Back