40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Scrub, this building is definitely sophisticated, especially compared to most of the new buildings in Toronto; if you can't see/comprehend that, then you're not sophisticated enough to realize it.

Scrapergeek, you're just a geek; this is not as boxy as others and it should be pretty easy to tell; it has nothing to do with urbantoronto's interpretations. Name one condo building you think is more attractive than this on Bay Street!

I have been liking this one all along, but it keeps getting better. Very good work indeed.

I have no problem with the practical necessity of box-shaped structures, but I do object to the pretentiousness of labelling yet another unimaginative box as "sophisticated". Each to his own though eh.

Last edited:
See, this building is boxy but it's not that boxy (and you all know what I mean by that). The clean design, finishes, etc. does make this building look sophisticated (especially compared to most others). Lumiere, despite its relative boxiness, has different finishes on its north and south sides (which is somewhat unique), the top looks nice and one has to admit, this building has a great ass! :) If Lumiere was walking down Church Street, it would be getting whistled at non-stop and would definitely win the best ass contest at Woody's! :)

Back