News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

This behemoth should have never been built. It sat empty for a decade and this was the best they could do? Did all the urban designers at city hall leave town when they approved this project? I agree with jmacmillan but in reality it can't be redone at this stage. That's what happens when you have a pension company wanting to play developer and now bankrupt leaving us with the this butt ugly building. The inside is worse than the exterior... horribly cold, stark industrial interiors. So much potential wasted instead of creating something special they have this uninviting structure.

Typical of us Canadians lacking in identity by attempting to copy Times Square in NYC and end up flopping with this badly designed building. To add insult to injury, we (the taxpayers) forked out $40m to build the nearby Olympic flame building that went bust. This time it's the government wanting to play developer and entreprenuer. They turn around and end up selling it to CityTV for a couple of mill but at least it's media looking. There are plans to put a new condo at the H&R building and I'm hoping it will be a nice mixed use project similar to One Bloor proposal that will add some sense of life into this area.

Last edited:
This is really crazy... I hope they don't bomb this thing down (though it does look very ugly) as it would be such a waste... it would also be very awkward to see a ferris wheel atop the thing! jks... But it would offer amazing views! :D

Back