39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Yes, I also hope the "value engineering" will still allow for something unique and memorable. I don't want to see another instance of an exciting international architect or firm yield something sedate like the CBC Building or Leslie Dan Pharmacy Building.

Last edited:
Interesting architecturally... but functional for its purpose?
... are there going to be windows? Most students do not like to study in places with low levels of natural light. Take U of T's Robarts for example. In fact, at Robarts, they are trying to add more windows to the building with the current renovations.
A tooth-like design would have been interesting for U of T's faculty of dentistry. It might actually be due for some redevelopment soon as well.

Interesting architecturally... but functional for its purpose?
... are there going to be windows? Most students do not like to study in places with low levels of natural light. Take U of T's Robarts for example. In fact, at Robarts, they are trying to add more windows to the building with the current renovations.
A tooth-like design would have been interesting for U of T's faculty of dentistry. It might actually be due for some redevelopment soon as well.

My guess is that it's covered with white fritted glass.

now all that it needs is an Apple logo

Very interesting as a concept diagram.....I rather like its daring. Let's hope the finished product is a beauty - but at least it's off to an interesting start. Not the same old - same old.

I think something of this ilk at Yonge & Gould would be wonderful. Some creative outside the box thinking, nice & splashy. That's what the area needs, in a dire sort of way.

I hope it isn't too much to ask for. I mean, I hope it happens.

Very very cool, but I don't know how they'll keep the integrity of that design without cheapening it too much.

Also, it'll probably need something on the site of the Empress to counterbalance it while giving Rye the kind of gateway they're looking for.

Last edited:

Back