News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I will bring up the same point as I did in one of the threads where these aerial photos were posted. I'm curious why there is no highrise development within the area generally bounded by McCaul, Queen West, Spadina and College? Development is happening to the east, south and north of this area and it seems like an obvious place to increase densities as surrounding areas fill in....

I will bring up the same point as I did in one of the threads where these aerial photos were posted. I'm curious why there is no highrise development within the area generally bounded by McCaul, Queen West, Spadina and College? Development is happening to the east, south and north of this area and it seems like an obvious place to increase densities as surrounding areas fill in....

.. I wouldn't like to see an interesting low-rise area of the city (generally just south of the wonderful U of T campus) bulldozed just for the sake of gettin' high. I can see parts of downtown closer to the existing skyscraper clump(s) that could stand more developments, though.

Still this is a lovely aerial shot.

Last edited:
Looking at these aerial shots over the lat couple of days, I can't help but get excited bout how amazing Aura is going to fill in that middle stretch! Cannot Wait!

Amazing pic Schulich07 - The islands look amazing. Still lots of room in the Eastern waterfront for growth.

it'd be awesome if there were 2 cool suspension bridges goingto the islands (like brooklyn bridge-ish) and skyscrapers all over the islands, if i could go back in time and do something to change the city it'd be that. and centre-ville had more of a coney island feel to it and was built out over several piers (i love fantasizing btw) :p

What I find interesting is how St.George was selected as a location for high-rises. Was it a prominent street at some point? Why was St.George chosen so much more so than Spadina and how do those streets in between Spadina and Avenue remain residential when there are high-rises in their backyards?

What I find interesting is how St.George was selected as a location for high-rises. Was it a prominent street at some point? Why was St.George chosen so much more so than Spadina and how do those streets in between Spadina and Avenue remain residential when there are high-rises in their backyards?

I can imagine St. George was, even 10 years ago, a much busier street. It has been rapidly downgraded in traffic capacity with pedestrian initiatives through U of T and bike lane additions. This street and Beverly are the same street. They used to be a two lane each direction connector from Bloor to Queen with all major intersectons signalized. I picture it used to be akin to Ossington. But this is just a guess. I don't remember what it used to be like.

Back