News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

That is one ancient rendering. I remember gawking over this very image back in about 2002-2003. This would have been before the Ritz Carlton, Four Seasons and Shangri-La projects were even known to us. I believe the advertisement that the rendering was attached to read; "Three Toronto landmarks... You can only live in one."

I think it was early 2002 -- I remember seeing it in the Globe before I moved to Toronto.

the horizontal banding on Trump looks terrible, especially when seen from this angle as it compares poorly to Bay Adelaide's perfectly repetetive pattern. I think that empasizing the vertical would have made it look a lot less messy and it would contrast nicely with so many of its neighbours....

I wonder how people on the top floors of Scotia Plaza will feel as they look down upon the roof of the "second tallest building" in the city. :)

I wonder how people on the top floors of Scotia Plaza will feel as they look down upon the roof of the "second tallest building" in the city. :)

hahah! too funny. Just goes to show how flawed the international standards for height measurement are.

Last edited:
I think Trump International Hotel and Tower Toronto really should have been designed as tall as the original design.
Fxxlish Donald Trump, with that building height, all the suite facing north will only be able to see people working, partying, and doing possible xxxx at late evening in the office tower. In other words this "greatest tower in the city" won't even have a proper view of the north, which is of course the only 180degree-unobstructed view. The Trump Toronto rises up to just above the top of the Bay Adelaide Centre, and if it was about 5 storeys taller than the current design, literally it can achieve 5 golden floors of units, and with 10 storeys taller, 10 more floors of units with the grand north view.

Back