News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS!

I completely share the sentiments of 'agoraflaneur' with respect to the possible TTC expansion into the suburbs, namely Vaughan. It is the 'Toronto Transit Commission', not the 'Greater Toronto Transit Commission'. In other words, before even considering any type of expansion into the 905 the TTC should first consider adding more lines and improving service within the 6 districts that make up the city proper (i.e. Old Toronto, York, East York, North York, Scarborough and Etobicoke). Once the City of Toronto is fully serviced with several new subway lines then perhaps one can begin contemplating possible expansion into the surrounding municipalities in the Regions of York, Peel and Durham (and perhaps even Halton). Until then, suburbanites can take GO Transit or the like into the city limits and from there they can then hop onto the subway.

What a JOKE! This neighbourhood will never be dense and/or look like that first render. It'll stay a big box mecca, and this sprawly subway station just instills this.
Weak.

So ridiculous. This should not be happening. How about building a subway line to a centre that ALREADY exists? Mississauga City Centre!

You know? Or a Downtown Relief Line, perhaps? You know, so I don't have to wait 2 trains before finally getting on what at St George?

Who knew downtown Vaughn was going to look just like the base of the Waterclub Condos at York and Queen's Quay?
"Metropolitan Centre" is a pretty rich title for what will be for a long time a suburban flatland. I mean - not even Hamilton is putting on airs like that. And it's a real city!

I think extending the subway this far north at this point does not make sense. I think that going up to York University makes sense. However, going up to a nonexistent city centre, when there are so many terrible pressing needs elsewhere, does not.

I'd sooner have Sheppard connecting Yonge to Downsview than this. Or also - the downtown relief line, Eglinton, express lines along existing routes, or the extension of the existing Bloor Line to Scarborough city centre make more sense than this.

Out of all the designs, this seems the most bland (in terms of public art and colour)...especially at the platform level. Prepare to see a lot of brutalist grey concrete once its complete. The Egg shaped dome is pretty nice but the rest of it is just 'meh".

In terms of extending the subway north of Steeles, I agree with a lot of you here on it being unnecessary. Even after the subway extension was approved, I was seeing construction of sprawling industrial and big box buildings happening all along interchange way and jane street. This doesn't really give me hope...especially since Vaughan is notorious for its Mcmansions and nimby-ism.
Hopefully the city of Vaughan develops this area into a very high density node that is worthy of a subway.

Back