40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
a steel lattice would definitely look bolder, but wouldn't that kill views from some of the units? wondering if that's why they may be considering the fritted glass.

lovely renderings, but a few questions -- will the forecourt serve as a public space? How accessible will it be from the street? I didn't see anywhere to sit by the water feature. Will seating or movable chairs be set up out there? The first render shows people seated, perhaps at an outside cafe, but the other render shows no seating outside or near the water feature. I ask, because this city does very poorly in terms of places to sit near the street realm, and this is an opportunity to raise the bar in an important and visible new public space (pocket park).

Last edited:
lovely renderings, but a few questions -- will the forecourt serve as a public space? How accessible will it be from the street? I didn't see anywhere to sit by the water feature. Will seating or movable chairs be set up out there? The first render shows people seated, perhaps at an outside cafe, but the other render shows no seating outside or near the water feature. I ask, because this city does very poorly in terms of places to sit near the street realm, and this is an opportunity to raise the bar in an important and visible new public space (pocket park).

The forecourt definitely will serve as public space and will be fully accessible from the street. As far as seating type, we'll have to get back to you on that. Cheers.

I thought that the city had already denied approval for a high rise at this location.

The developer and city came to an agreement whereby the tower would be shortened by 7 metres. Quite a victory for vigilant urban planners.

Will they still be able to put up billboard ads on the adjacent building wall?

VIP Sales Event was today. It was quite disorganized!

There was a line up of about 200 people - agents and clients.

Only a very limited number of 1 bd and 1bd den were available. I was in the first wave to enter the lower sales area and the 1 bds I was considering were already gone! (but, they only had 2 units of those available...not many considering the number of people) Guess they are holding out until it goes to public pricing when they can jack up the costs!

Back