News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I am not surprised by the plans for 90 Harbour Street. The whole area is being built up and I guess there's no room for a little building like this. Why keep a small building when they can build a massive condo. It would be nice to see them build on top of this or some how work the building into the development. It's a shame to see all these old building disappear from this city. But then that would not be progress.

I am not surprised by the plans for 90 Harbour Street. The whole area is being built up and I guess there's no room for a little building like this. Why keep a small building when they can build a massive condo. It would be nice to see them build on top of this or some how work the building into the development. It's a shame to see all these old building disappear from this city. But then that would not be progress.

I think it IS progress when developers consider older buildings as vital to redevelopment projects.

Repetition of history

No tears shed on any of these mediocre buildings built in the 50s and 60s...tear them down!!

You sound just like the people who tore down solid Victorian buildings ("tear down those mediocre buildings built in the 1880s and 90s") to put up "these mediocre buildings" in the 50s and 60s. 50 years from now people will look back at us and say "What were these people thinking tearing down those examples of interesting architecture and putting up the "mediocre condos" of the early 2000s.

it seems like a waste

While the YWCA building doesn't have any particular architectural merit, it does seem like a waste to tear down a decent enough building, instead of putting the new condo on one of the many parking lots that still exist in the core.

bulldoze the YMCA. 90 Harbour has a fair amount of parking around it. My vote would be to save unless developer planing on something spectacular. - ice

90 Harbour is bland to the max. Tear it down and add some character and life to the area.

A lot of Historical buildings are junk, get rid of both. Not that condos are spectacular. But put something thats going to add to the community.

Back