40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
while this project is beautiful, i'm a bit worried about what it'll do to the streetscape. there doesn't seem to be any space for restaurants or retail, and as stated above, only one of the four buildings will actually extend to meet the street. this has the potential to create a very dead neighbourhood. it could end up feeling like 1960s tower-in-the park design.

Street Activity

while this project is beautiful, i'm a bit worried about what it'll do to the streetscape. there doesn't seem to be any space for restaurants or retail, and as stated above, only one of the four buildings will actually extend to meet the street. this has the potential to create a very dead neighbourhood. it could end up feeling like 1960s tower-in-the park design.

Could not agree with you more "WallofSound." I wish more people talked about this kind of stuff. We get so obsessed with density and aesthetic (both important) but we forget that it's the street level that creates successful neighborhoods.

The next phases,

Pier27NewPhases.jpg

are the ones which will reach all the way to Queens Quay, and which will provide some ground retail and the connection to the city and street life.

The next phases,

Pier27NewPhases.jpg

are the ones which will reach all the way to Queens Quay, and which will provide some ground retail and the connection to the city and street life.

This image SCARES ME.... first absolute, then 12 degress, now exhibit....and NOW THIS... oh gosh...

i agree.... but .. i also hate the location with a passion. why are we building a condo at the foot of the most important street in Toronto, longest street in the world and on the shore of lake Ontario??? this is just stupid. This could have been something other than another condo... like maybe a museum, theatre, park, olympic cauldron location for possible olympic games in near future? anything but this.... ruining the location that will connect the don area and finnancial district. ugh!

i agree.... but .. i also hate the location with a passion. why are we building a condo at the foot of the most important street in Toronto, longest street in the world and on the shore of lake Ontario??? this is just stupid. This could have been something other than another condo... like maybe a museum, theatre, park, olympic cauldron location for possible olympic games in near future? anything but this.... ruining the location that will connect the Don area and financial district. ugh!

Really what you are asking then is 'why didn't the City buy the site?'. Give your City Councillor a call!

There is parkland coming along the water here, by the way...

I love this. I just love it. It doesn't appeal to conformists, does it? Too bad. I would actually consider living there if there wasn't an airport nearby.

This image SCARES ME.... first absolute, then 12 degress, now exhibit....and NOW THIS... oh gosh...

To be completely honest with you, this rendering has been out long before 12 degrees and exhibit...and absolute fits nowhere in this category you've created.

I appreciate that it's different from everything that's out there. But is it different? Yes, absolute by far is in its own league.

What if we're entering in a new generation of degree-altered floor plate buildings. Sure a few here and there are great... but I seriously hope this isn't the newest trend of buildings.

Back