News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

nope. subway trains and buses in nyc have flags in them, sort of making you feel proud and united.

The accomplishment is subway itself. Our tax dollars bought something decent. Look at the subway and be proud... the flag isn't the accomplishment. A flag doesn't make people united because the whole concept of nationality is borders that divide people. Many countries have had flags but were still split in half. Lets not let ourselves be blinded by patriotism. Some things work out well and some don't.

There are Canadian flags on VIA trains. There is little to be proud about when looking at VIA Rail.

These trains have been in operation for AT LEAST the last 10yrs in other places around the world. *yawn*
I love Toronto, it will always be home. But I absolutely HATE the TTC. We deserve a better transit system.

These trains have been in operation for AT LEAST the last 10yrs in other places around the world. *yawn*
I love Toronto, it will always be home. But I absolutely HATE the TTC. We deserve a better transit system.

If you feel you deserve a better transit system, then you should have been fighting for decent and dependable funding of it all these years. Where were you 10 years ago when the province was slashing the TTC's funding? Do you think other world cities have continued to grow and modernize their transit systems by reducing their funding? Perhaps, in addition to making your blanket statements like "we deserve better transit", you could carry on and make a constructive suggestion as to how that should be done.

10 years ago I didn't have a legal vote, so quite frankly I was relying on old farts like you to guide public transit planning in a good direction. I was however old enough to write letters to my MP, which raised issues about decreased bus service to my neighborhood.

Constructive suggestions:
- increase incentives for people to take public transit by increasing subway and light-rail lines so that there public transit would become the fastest way to bypass traffic and get around the city (a la Paris).
- try updating the payment systems to more efficient methods so that there aren't huge slowdowns at transit entrance points (take a cue from Hong Kong's Octopus pass system).

What are your suggestions?

Toronto city council has some of the most backwards-thinking, ignorant people at the helm. My number one suggestion? Get a mayor that actually knows where the subway lines end and actually values public transit. I am of course referring to Rob Ford's campaign package that included a"transit plan" that indicated our subway system ended at Victoria Park Station - what happened to Warden and Kennedy Mr. Ford?

Last edited:

Back