interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I like this a lot.

We need more projects like this which emulate Toronto's historic streetscapes

The bricks better be high quality and the detailing strong or this will be a piece of garbage.

Don't see why they couldn't have used the brick from all the demolishing they did last month.. I'm still optimistic though.

Well, they are pretty much done, and the brick has been up for maybe 6–8 weeks, so they couldn't use brick from any recent demo. Also, they do look good. Much better than the illustrations suggest. It is a shame that they're not taller though.

I certainly think that this will be more than a fake facade - what we saw done with the new Eaton Centre. This is going to be a real building or buildings in the terrace style, something that hasn't been done in Toronto for over a hundred years. I hope too that the quality of brick will be exceptional. It is not so much the scale that is important in relation to something else, but the authenticity of design and materials when trying to replicate the style of historic buildings. For example, will that be PVC glazed windows or wooden sash type windows?

Back