40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Living across from a major movie theatre would be a dream. What are the starting prices?

Was this the property for which the original podium design was "s" shaped? (between Simcoe and Duncan)?

the stacked cube design is interesting however the slab on top of a podium massing feels somehow awkward...

Agree. The towers is such a simple concept, yet so visually interesting. There are two things that for me, ruin the overall package. The out of place mechanical(?) portion at the top, and the podium feels as if it was almost an afterthought. I would have liked to have seen the the tower's theme reflected somehow with the base.
Love the dramatic ads for this project. For me they evoke a sort of dark futuistic 'Blade Runner' feel.

on a second glance I see what they were trying to do with the podium... make it look as if they are 2 seperate buildings that fit with the streetscape of the Entertainment District. (or are those actually 2 existing facades that will be used? - I've not been following this project very colsely)

Ahaha, the yellow NYC cab.

right--a New York cab facing the wrong way on Richmond St. that's 3 points according to the Ontario Demerit Points System but, you know,...details, scmetails. as long as the image looks uh, 'cool' to downtown wannabees.

Last edited:
on a second glance I see what they were trying to do with the podium... make it look as if they are 2 seperate buildings that fit with the streetscape of the Entertainment District. (or are those actually 2 existing facades that will be used? - I've not been following this project very colsely)

This was a big vacant parking lot, so no facades here. The only building formerly on-site was completely demoished a couple of years ago.

Funny that they are showing two seating arrangements in the party room. Wow, how did they do that. You mean square tables can be pushed together?? Genius!!

Nice looking vision of the artist. The furniture in the amenities areas looks uncomfortable. I like the uneven and variable sized balconies in the render, but expect that to be replaced with something uniform and cheaper. Where will the second tower go?

also, gangs must live in this building because they have tagged the gym with spraypaint.

Last edited:

Back