News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

do you support this ad?

• Total voters
They are selling pins, bumper stickers, and t-shirts on the Canadian site now.
atheistbus.ca

As for how life started and all of that, I find it hard to wrap my mind around infinity. Like our universe... does it ever end? What does it look like at the end? Or does it just go on for infinity? What is infinity? So perplexing.

As for how life started and all of that, I find it hard to wrap my mind around infinity. Like our universe... does it ever end? What does it look like at the end? Or does it just go on for infinity? What is infinity? So perplexing.

All honest questions.

For some reason, many people are too afraid to answer with "I don't know." All too often, there is a reliance on so-called supernatural solutions. In the end, these "answers" are a kind of candy comfort. I suppose they are harmless on a personal level, but this type of position is hardly sufficient to serve as an answer to anything.

Saying "I don't know" is not a weakness.

I call these unexplained forces "God".

A lot of people do. If they don't understand it...it must be 'god'.

They thought the earth was flat at one time as well....

A lot of people do. If they don't understand it...it must be 'god'.

They thought the earth was flat at one time as well....

So you think that the people who thought the earth was flat, thought that the flat earth was 'god'? That's what you seem to imply.

If you can give me a better explanation as to why matter appeared out of nowhere, or why the laws of physics are in place, I would love to hear it.

So you think that the people who thought the earth was flat, thought that the flat earth was 'god'?

No, that's just you twisting my words. Poor reading comprehension I guess.

If you can give me a better explanation as to why matter appeared out of nowhere, or why the laws of physics are in place, I would love to hear it.

You anger quickly....typical of the religious, you get offended if someone doesn't "toe your line".

No, that's just you twisting my words. Poor reading comprehension I guess.

You anger quickly....typical of the religious, you get offended if someone doesn't "toe your line".

The reason I say that is because you made a statement that people who didn't understand how it worked, it must've been God. You then pointed out that people used to think that the world was flat, thus implying that they (the people) thought that the flat earth was because of God. I wasn't "twisting" your words in any way.

I'm not sure where you found anger in my statement. In your last post you called my reading comprehension 'poor', called my 'angry' and used a stereotype. If I were to name the angry one, I think it would be you.

By the way, you still haven't answered by original question. If you want to bash my theory, fine, just give us an alternative.

who said matter appeared out of nowhere? it didn't just magically appear.

why are the laws of physics in place? i don't know. does anyone here know? how does this imply a designer in any way? what then made the designer? what then made the thing that designed the designer? and you can keep asking this question forever.

alot of times i keep hearing how there is order in the universe and this somehow implies a creator. what we really have is a combination of order and disorder. in fact, if it wasn't for disorder, we wouldn't exist at all. it's the imperfections that gave way to everything, the fact that when the big bang happened and matter was shot outwards, some areas were more dense than others. this is what allowed "stuff" to come together to form other things which formed other things, etc.

but seriously, if you need some answers to matters related to physics, especially the physics that relates to the "stuff" that makes up everything, i'm sure one of those nice fellows at cern would probably give you the best answers you can get. they will be smashing some protons nearly at the speed of light soon so expect them to have even more answers.

who said matter appeared out of nowhere? it didn't just magically appear.

why are the laws of physics in place? i don't know. does anyone here know? how does this imply a designer in any way? what then made the designer? what then made the thing that designed the designer? and you can keep asking this question forever.

alot of times i keep hearing how there is order in the universe and this somehow implies a creator. what we really have is a combination of order and disorder. in fact, if it wasn't for disorder, we wouldn't exist at all. it's the imperfections that gave way to everything, the fact that when the big bang happened and matter was shot outwards, some areas were more dense than others. this is what allowed "stuff" to come together to form other things which formed other things, etc.

but seriously, if you need some answers to matters related to physics, especially the physics that relates to the "stuff" that makes up everything, i'm sure one of those nice fellows at cern would probably give you the best answers you can get. they will be smashing some protons nearly at the speed of light soon so expect them to have even more answers.

Thank you for your answer. It was well articulated and much more effective then some of the bashing that some people claim are "arguments".

I suppose the only definite conclusion that we can make here is that we don't know, nor does it look like we will know any time soon. All we can go on now for the time being is faith - faith as in what we believe and will defend.

Thank you for your answer. It was well articulated and much more effective then some of the bashing that some people claim are "arguments".

i don't know anything about your life but i just want to throw this out there just in case - don't take a position or refuse a position on anything just because people that hold those positions are people you like/don't like or have hurt you/benefited you in some way. in other words, if your enemy likes to drink water, don't abstain from drinking water just because someone you hate does it. also, don't make an investment in a company just because the secretary was very nice to you and they gave you a gift basket. your enemies appetite shouldn't determine what you do/don't ingest and a nice secretary/gift basket doesn't determine if an investment will benefit you or if the company is legitimate for that matter.

^

If your point was that you thought I had changed my mind because you had made a more civilized post than others who resort to bashing the person, reather than the argument, you would be wrong.

in terms of the subject, I thought you were wrong, still think you are are wrong and will probably always think you are wrong :D .

I don't really like The Doors, but I can appreciate how they effected musical history.

^

If your point was that you thought I had changed my mind because you had made a more civilized post than others who resort to bashing the person, reather than the argument, you would be wrong.

in terms of the subject, I thought you were wrong, still think you are are wrong and will probably always think you are wrong :D .

I don't really like The Doors, but I can appreciate how they effected musical history.

nope. i did not take it/imply that you changed your mind on anything by that post. i just wanted to make sure you or anyone doesn't adhere to faith/religion/anything or distance your self from anything just because of the mean atheists/nice religious people, or vice versa, etc.

this guy may be nice but he'll give you a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg:

222px-Dr_Nick.png

this guy may be a jerk but he knows what he's doing:

images

i know these are both fictional characters. i'm comparing their attitude vs. their capabilities.

Last edited:
^

Faith does not belong in scientific explanantions for the creation of everything. Faith is belief without proof. We do not have all the answers but science makes advances every generation to explain the unknown. Faith doesn't even try.

Faith does not belong in scientific explanantions for the creation of everything. Faith is belief without proof. We do not have all the answers but science makes advances every generation to explain the unknown. Faith doesn't even try.

More accurately, faith is the belief of the unknown; what is not obvious in the way others see.

I was simply pointing out that faith was the only thing we have until something else is proven. As of now, nothing is.

nope. i did not take it/imply that you changed your mind on anything by that post. i just wanted to make sure you or anyone doesn't adhere to faith/religion/anything or distance your self from anything just because of the mean atheists/nice religious people, or vice versa, etc.

this guy may be nice but he'll give you a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg:

222px-Dr_Nick.png

this guy may be a jerk but he knows what he's doing:

images

i know these are both fictional characters. i'm comparing their attitude vs. their capabilities.

and for every one of those, there is this:

this guy was a jerk who didn't know what he was doing
http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...wW&prev=/images?q=evil+idiot&gbv=2&hl=en&sa=G

while this guy was nice, and knew exactly what he was doing.

http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgu...ticus+finch&start=36&gbv=2&ndsp=18&hl=en&sa=N

More accurately, faith is the belief of the unknown; what is not obvious in the way others see.

I was simply pointing out that faith was the only thing we have until something else is proven. As of now, nothing is.

I am not sure what you are trying to say about a religious explanation and I could be going on a tangent here, but my point is we don't need to respect a false religious notion about the origins of the universe simply because it's someone's faith. It's still not a valid explanation for the origins of the universe any more than my saying the flying spaghetti monster started it all. As Hydrogen said, we simply do not know. There is no logic in attributing the unknown to a God or Gods because there is not a shred of scientific evidence supporting the theory.

Back