The whole building still seems so rough that I can't imagine people really even moving in yet. The lobby entrance off Gerrard looks unusable, and I don't see a loading dock yet, so I figured (hopefully) that people can at least access the underground garage to move items up the elevator from the underground parking.

I'm guessing that even though many people will soon have keys, there will be a lot of people waiting on actually moving into the building until the time it doesn't look like a total construction zone.

I stumbled across the lobby entrance and it's not finished yet. The loading dock is shared with Marshall's and Bed Bath and Beyond, so you need to schedule moving times with property management who gives the calendar to the dock master who's ultimately in charge. The move in times start from 10am and end at 8pm, in 2 hour blocks (they are trying to make it fair for all residents).

There is no access to parking unless you bought a parking spot. I don't unfortunately so I've moved only small things and parked at 777 Bay st. which is $18 a day... (frustrating). For moving big items you need to book a time.

I actually have a feeling that I'm one of the few people who will actually be living in it. I suspect that there's a lot of investors just grabbing keys and trying to rent them out as fast as possible. Today is day 2 and I'm just doing some cleaning, and I haven't seen anyone of heard anyone on my floor.

Update on glass: Property management says that someone will be contacting me to come fix it. There is more light today and I found shards of broken beer bottle glass on my balcony and inbetween the glass and the railing that holds the glass. Looked to my neighbour's unit and their balcony has broken beer glass on it and one of his balcony glass panes is cracked too, and one of his windows. My best guess is some a$$holes across the street from Eaton Chelsea thought it would be fun to throw empties across the street at the building (north facing rooms have balconies). What can I even do about this, if anything?

Hi Torell, thanks for the updates. Very interesting.

Those balconies at the Eaton Chelsea will be enclosed after the renovation, so that should solve that problem at least.

Hi Torell, thanks for the updates. Very interesting.

Those balconies at the Eaton Chelsea will be enclosed after the renovation, so that should solve that problem at least.

That's good to hear, how do you know this? Was this written anywhere?

Parking: Oh and parking is $28 for a full day, $18 is only till 6pm. $10 after 6pm to 6am. (found out the hard way)

There's a render of the North side here:

http://www.wgdarchitects.com/projects.php?catid=1&pid=49

Yqmmp.jpg

To the owners from 2nd floor to 31rd floor, is the ceiling height of your unit 8 feet or 9 feet?

To the owners from 2nd floor to 31rd floor, is the ceiling height of your unit 8 feet or 9 feet?

I didn't measure with a tape, but putting my hand up to the ceiling I believe it's 8ft, I can measure the next time I'm at the condo if you want

I didn't measure with a tape, but putting my hand up to the ceiling I believe it's 8ft, I can measure the next time I'm at the condo if you want

Hi Torell, thank you. which floor are you in? I think u r right. I am wondering whether the units above 31st floor have 9 ft ceiling height.

Firstly, congrats to all who have moved in already! I just picked up my keys today and echo the fact that it is still very much a construction zone (as anticipated). I'm really loving the unit and location and I'm excited to start thinking about how to furnish this place. Everything for the most part has been smooth. The only issue I have at the moment is related to the elevators. Everything is fine an dandy until 6pm rolls around. After 6, you need your key card to access the elevators. Only problem is the elevators are not all working properly.

As of tonight, my key card opens the doors to and from the lobby. If you face the bank of elevators:
Elevator 1(left): opens at ground, but will not take you to any floor. It seems to recognize the fob, but buttons fail to work. Security couldn't even get their fob to work

Elevator 2: doors stay open on whatever floor it last goes to an stays open. To use it, you need to press and hold close door and it will move. Once you reach destination the doors stay open yet again

Elevator 3:normal functioning for now

All this info has been relayed to security but property management doesn't come in until Monday.

Last gripe I have is with parking. To access p1, you need to go to p2 and walk up ramps. Middle elevator doesn't only goes to p1 then skips to p4. Lol. Not sure what is going on there. Hopefully I'll get more answers come Monday. But all these quirks are to be expected I suppose in a new building. Patience is key this weekend!

Ps. Is anyone planning to get their ceilings redone? I am planning to get rid of all the stucco/popcorn and replace it with smooth ceilings. If so, let me know if you have any recommendations! Thanks

Congrats Exodus, I'm glad to hear you like your unit. Indeed, patience is key over the next few months, but I'm sure everything will come together as more people move in.

Thanks for the update.

Last gripe I have is with parking. To access p1, you need to go to p2 and walk up ramps. Middle elevator doesn't only goes to p1 then skips to p4. Lol. Not sure what is going on there. Hopefully I'll get more answers come Monday. But all these quirks are to be expected I suppose in a new building. Patience is key this weekend!

In March 2008, when I had signed for a unit on the Executive Floors, I was offered a 'guaranteed' parking spot on either levels 2 or 3 for an additional payment of $ 10,000. That seems to be the reasons that the middle elevator does not stop at levels 2 & 3. This speeds up the movement.

I live in ROCP1. It is the same story there.

Wow, underwhelming. That unit looks teh same as pretty much any other unit in a modern condo. Very small for a two bed two bath. I wonder what they are trying to sell it for.

Back