News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Venti de Milo

Banned
Member Bio
Reaction score
I never crazy about the Aussies...this makes me don't like them even more. Oz is off my list of countries I want to visit.

from CTV
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...tralia_caution_080115/20080125?hub=TopStories

A website run by the Australian government lists Canada as a country where travellers need to be cautious about terrorism, dangerous winter driving and cold weather conditions.

The 'Smart Traveller' website, run by Australia's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, lists Chile, South Korea and Latvia as countries safer than Canada.

"We advise you to exercise caution and monitor developments that might affect your safety in Canada because of the risk of terrorist attack," says the travel advisory.

"Pay close attention to your personal security and monitor the media for information about possible new safety or security risks."

The website says "heavy snowfalls and ice in the winter" can also make driving dangerous.

"The wind-chill factor can also create dangerously cold outdoor conditions," says the warning.

B.C. and Alberta are both listed as being subject to avalanches.

B.C. is also listed as "an active earthquake zone."

Meanwhile, travellers heading to Canada between May and September are also told to look out for tornadoes in some areas.

The website further warns about bush and forest fires which "can occur any time in Canada."

The advisory says crime in Canada is comparable to that in Australia, with petty crime such as pick pocketing and street theft occurring at tourist destinations and hotels.

Overall, Canada is listed in the second safest category (out of five categories) on the website.

Even China is safer than Canada.

http://www.smartraveller.gov.au/zw-cgi/view/Advice/China

Summary

• We advise you to be alert to your own security in China.
  • Exercise common sense and look out for suspicious behaviour, as you would in Australia.
  • In the past year there have been human cases of avian influenza in China. See Health Issues below for advice to Australians travelling to or residing in China.

Canada should definitely issue a wanker alert for those wishing to travel to Australia.

Well, maybe China and Chile and South Korea and Latvia really are "safer" than Canada. I wouldn't really find it that surprising. Regarding the ridiculously paranoid government travel advisories, you should also check out Canadian Government travel advisories for most countries. They are also quite funny and very much in the same vein as these Australian ones.

In all honesty, Australia has more natural dangers than Canada. There are often sharks and poisonous box jellyfish off many of the beaches. There are eight different poisonous snakes native to Australia. Don't forget the crocodiles! Or the many types of poisonous insects, centipedes and spiders. Not to mention that Australia is currently being hit hard by flooding and forest fires.

As far as terrorism goes, I would rate Canada and Australia about the same. Since the last significant terrorist attack targeting Canadians (the 1985 Air India bombing -- although there were many Canadian victims of the 2001 Sep 11 attacks, they were not the intended target), Australians were targeted in the Bali nightclub bombing in 2002, and the Australian embassy attack in 2004, both in Indonesia, as well as several fatal bombings inside Australia.

Bill

Yeah, it'll make us look like a nation of tough S.O.B's. No one will mess with us now.

Can Canada please put out a warning advising not to visit Australia because of bunyips, dropbears, and poisonous jellyfish?

Is it coincidence that happens after John Howard's conservative government falls, the guy who had most in kin with Steve Harper?

And I thought there were travel advisories for Austrialia due to sting-ray attacks, dingos eating babies and unusual methods of corporal punishment.

are you referring to the boot?

*For Immediate Release*
The Outback is hazardous and threatens any and all tourists.

Water sources are more dangerous than Walkerton:
crocodile_dundee0060.jpg

Packs of drag queens terrorize seniors on bus trips to Ayers Rock:
08233-5.jpg

And don't even think about going out for a picnic near rocks, hanging or otherwise!

Back