9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Three more words...

lrb.jpg

Little River Band.

wait! i think i know what this is about. could it be because we keep confiscating that purple bottle shampoo from their kangaroos at customs?

"The wind-chill factor can also create dangerously cold outdoor conditions," says the warning.

I wonder if they have this little tidbit posted in - oh say - August?

What is Australia's problem? Blame Canada?!

Everyone: I cannot figure out why Australia would flag Canada with a travel warning-both countries are two of the most desireable places in the world to live. As a US resident I could see the US flagged but why Canada? Why? (Shrug your shoulders)
LI MIKE (P.S to ADMA THREE MORE WORDS-OLIVIA NEWTON JOHN!)

Maybe they were drawing a comparison between sweet Australian Olivia Newton John and angry Canadian Alanis Morissette.

I see nothing unusual about these travel warnings. Sure everything might seem fine and dandy to us, but we are accustomed to life here. Our winters are dangerous to Australians as they don't experience this kind of weather. (An Australian exchange student at school thinks we are crazy when we say "its a nice day" in -5 degree weather) A 1cm snow fall seems like nothing to us, but try telling someone who has never seen snow that it is nothing. Add driving in a small snowstorm to the mix and they would think you are nuts. Windchill is indeed a danger, so that shouldnt surprise anyone.

Avalanches do happen out west, and foreigners need to be aware of that. Notice that the people who are often killed in avalanches are from out of province? Its hard to imagine how deadly an avalanche can be when you've had no experience with them.

The 401 would be a danger to someone from out of the GTA as it is a massive highway and people often drive recklessly on it. Someone from outside would be lost on it, not to mention someone who is used to driving on the left.

As for rabies, it is something people should worry about when approaching wildlife in Canada. Sometimes its hard to remember that. Think about it... Youre from somewhere where they dont have squirrels, and one approaches you. They look friendly, cute and innocent. I have got close to them in the past for that reason but knew about the risks. People from outside wouldnt be so quick to think about it.

I think people are taking this too seriously. Its simply a warning to potential travellers on things which they may encounter during their trip. Its not like they are calling for a ban on travel to Canada.

A raccoon once walked up to me, within three feet.

Someone from a country without raccoons would probably think you were supposed to pet it.

A raccoon once walked up to me, within three feet.

Someone from a country without raccoons would probably think you were supposed to pet it.

if that happened in the daytime, that raccoon probably had rabies.

I see nothing unusual about these travel warnings. Sure everything might seem fine and dandy to us, but we are accustomed to life here. Our winters are dangerous to Australians as they don't experience this kind of weather. (An Australian exchange student at school thinks we are crazy when we say "its a nice day" in -5 degree weather) A 1cm snow fall seems like nothing to us, but try telling someone who has never seen snow that it is nothing. Add driving in a small snowstorm to the mix and they would think you are nuts. Windchill is indeed a danger, so that shouldnt surprise anyone.

Avalanches do happen out west, and foreigners need to be aware of that. Notice that the people who are often killed in avalanches are from out of province? Its hard to imagine how deadly an avalanche can be when you've had no experience with them.

The 401 would be a danger to someone from out of the GTA as it is a massive highway and people often drive recklessly on it. Someone from outside would be lost on it, not to mention someone who is used to driving on the left.

As for rabies, it is something people should worry about when approaching wildlife in Canada. Sometimes its hard to remember that. Think about it... Youre from somewhere where they dont have squirrels, and one approaches you. They look friendly, cute and innocent. I have got close to them in the past for that reason but knew about the risks. People from outside wouldnt be so quick to think about it.

I think people are taking this too seriously. Its simply a warning to potential travellers on things which they may encounter during their trip. Its not like they are calling for a ban on travel to Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM1hJ_mA2nA

p.s, you don't really have to worry about rabies from squirrels. you pretty much just have to worry about the plague. :eek:

Back