News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.1K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

You should see the segregation in Melbourne. Or Toronto, lol.... Check out Etobicoke for example. Taking the Kipling and Martin Grove buses lately, looks like Eglinton West serves as a racial divide--white and asian to the south; everyone else to the north!

Is Etobicoke south of Eglinton 100% white and Asian? Are there no whites and Asians north of Eglinton at all?

I've been to both Aus and Canada and I have to say that yes unfortunately Australia is not as open to multicuralism as it appears to be (in some cases). For a country which openly refers to itself as "multicultural" racism is a constant issue in aus. I think most people believe it is just racism towards indigenous Australians and it doesnt just branch out from there. Having not been to Sydney I cant say the situations the same, but in perth I know few people who arent agressive to some ethnic group.

Are you equating Canada with Toronto. This is certainly a city-by-city thing, not national.

Toronto is well beyond the point where such a riot could occur, as the majority of residents are immigrants... and the rest don't so much as own a Canada flag.

... and the idea of Canadians 'rioting' over anything is rather fanciful. Lots of good old fashioned bitching though, to be sure.

Back