News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It was on the noon show...
It was their commentary and Paul Bagnell stated that Pimco issued a clarification.
I am not sure where it would be.
I don't know if one can go back and see this anywhere written or if it will be rebroadcast.

Perhaps someone might wish to go to the website bnn.ca and search for that particular segment.

Perhaps someone might wish to go to the website bnn.ca and search for that particular segment.

See my post 8313 above.
Clarification issued by the Globe and Mail.
They are talking about a 10-20% decrease, allowing for 2%-4% inflation they suggest nominal FLAT to 10% DOWN.

See my post 8313 above.
Clarification issued by the Globe and Mail.
They are talking about a 10-20% decrease, allowing for 2%-4% inflation they suggest nominal FLAT to 10% DOWN.

An article by Brian Milner has just been posted on The Globe and Mail website. Basically, he has no faith in their forecast. He has pointed out to various missteps -- wrong predictions -- by this firm in the past.

Eventually there will be some correction.
Whether it is a slowdown or zero growth for a few years (soft landing) or a harder one remains to be seen.
Real estate is cyclical so eventually someone will be right.

With the above in mind, most things tend to regress to the norm and I think most agree real estate has grown in value more than predicted by fundamentals.

I am in the soft landing camp barring a major unanticipated event. The government can of course intercede to add stability if it appears things are unravelling too quickly making everything difficult to predict.

Real estate analysts and experts are exactly the same as stock analysts and experts. You will have equal amounts of bullish sentiments as bearish sentiments. At the end of the day, one of them will be right and the other will be wrong. The following day, they do it all over again.

Freehold is starting to get crazy again, multiple offers and buyer panic setting in, I guess sideliners thinking market will tank are throwing in the towel as people cant stay on sidelines forever.

Real estate analysts and experts are exactly the same as stock analysts and experts. You will have equal amounts of bullish sentiments as bearish sentiments. At the end of the day, one of them will be right and the other will be wrong. The following day, they do it all over again.

Maybe, but it's certainly more useful than the anecdotal cheerleading that is happening so often on this site.

Freehold is starting to get crazy again, multiple offers and buyer panic setting in, I guess sideliners thinking market will tank are throwing in the towel as people cant stay on sidelines forever.

Buyer panic? More like stupid people have become so house horny that they are willing to take on such enormous mortgage debt loads. I mean, come on, $500K-$700K for town homes and semi's? Good luck to them, they will eventually be the ones hurting when the market does see a correction.

Last edited:
Buyer panic? More like stupid people have become so house horny that they are willing to take on such enormous mortgage debt loads. I mean, come on, $500K-$700K for town homes and semi's? Good luck to them, they will eventually be the ones hurting when the market does see a correction.

It is getting out of hand again, but this is what happens when you have immigration, good job growth, shrinking supply, they need a home to live in.

Also, look what happened to stocks and funds as an alternative investment. Russia Ukraine anxiety, what was it before that Italy, Cyprus, Greece worries, I would much rather be in real estate that be controlled by something that happens on the other side of world driving down my values.

FYI........ we are getting a ton of buyers end user and investors at this time from Mainland China buying in the core, not Hong Kong like in the 90s. There was also a read on CNBC last month, search it for those who are interested.

Stay tuned for Feb resales numbers, if we good sales and price increases despite the cold weather, this could prove to be a turning point for sediment. I also am tracking the listings to market ratio, now that the sky is not falling maybe owners or market timers are content with holding creating a further supply shortage in freehold specifically. I am noticing the multiple overask offers again as in 2011, this maybe another sign that the demand is coming back and with no supply, buyer frenzy is the end result. I was in the company of Mr. Tal last night for dinner, he is still concerned about the condo market.......

:)

A similar phenomenon is occurring here in the UK (and many other cities globally). Housing shortage + low interest rates = high price increases. London property prices are up 10% in the last 6 months alone.

Those calling for higher interest rates near term are completely misguided. Global interest rates will likely remain low for at least another 10 years. Just look at the debt dynamics in Japan.

A similar phenomenon is occurring here in the UK (and many other cities globally). Housing shortage + low interest rates = high price increases. London property prices are up 10% in the last 6 months alone.

Those calling for higher interest rates near term are completely misguided. Global interest rates will likely remain low for at least another 10 years. Just look at the debt dynamics in Japan.

The GTA housing market is strong.

The GTA new condo market is very weak.

Back