News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Funny to look back at posts on this thread from around 10 years ago. People thought it was expensive then lol. Home prices have done a 1.5-3x increase depending on type. The "bears" have gone silent. Sadly, I don't see this improving in the near future without significant rate increases, a fundamental change to how we zone and build, etc.
Yup. I've bought so many properties since then too. Glad I didn't listen to the naysayers.

waiting for house prices to drop since 2010 , any minute now i can feel it
hahhahahaha....

2030 still waiting... , oh look HSBC offering 0.01% mortgage rate for 5 year fixed rate hahahaha..

i don't know about you guys , but these high real estate prices made me really hate Toronto/GTA , seems dumb to celebrate high real estate prices , we are just screwing over future generations

Oh I don't celebrate it. It's just funny how people (including the media) misunderstands the issue.

Federal Level
- Increase interest rates

Provincial / Municipal Level
- Completely reform and re-imagine zoning across all major and growing cities. Put the future of the city ahead of privileged nimbys.

All other policies are NONSENSE. I'm becoming convinced that the only reason other ideas are peddled is that it temporarily placates the masses.

Yup. I've bought so many properties since then too. Glad I didn't listen to the naysayers.
Imagine hah.

Oh I don't celebrate it. It's just funny how people (including the media) misunderstands the issue.

Federal Level
- Increase interest rates

Provincial / Municipal Level
- Completely reform and re-imagine zoning across all major and growing cities. Put the future of the city ahead of privileged nimbys.

All other policies are NONSENSE. I'm becoming convinced that the only reason other ideas are peddled is that it temporarily placates the masses.

Imagine hah.
i understand everything and reasons why its happening , including interest rates and investing..

another one is all the development fees and taxes etc... just get passed on to the buyers at the end
just wait till we get all these carbon taxes...

takes governments so long to approve any new projects , by that time we get so many people moving here..
example my thread "Humberwood Heights" went into planning stage in late 2014 for city approval , its 2021 and still not built , they had so many delays with city meetings, governments etc...
by the time they started selling it was Oct 2018 , maybe they will finish in 2022/2023 that's almost 9 years !!!

and back in the late 80's or early 90's NDP in Ontario introduced rent control = no more investors/ builders wanted to build rental apartment buildings as it was too risky of an investment with rent control in place , if you look at Toronto almost no rental buildings were built in 90's 2000's etc... they are only starting to build now i noticed

Last edited:
imho, condos will start growing again toward the end of next year or early 2022 when global herd immunity will be achieved and the feds kick immigration into over drive with super low interest rates remaining unchanged. I'm betting on it and buying a second condo next spring while the condo market is on pause.

Made good on my promise this weekend: snagged a nicely renovated 2 bedroom unit in a well maintained older building. Made a hefty down payment and we'll be able to keep up with the monthly payments on an aggressive amortization schedule (we're a relatively high income household). Our family's third property overall. Pretty much all in on this damn bubble after so many years of extreme frugality and cheap ass savers' mentality.

I know someone who just sold a house in Guelph. They didn’t underprice, but there was still a bidding war and they did very well with the sale. So maybe Windsor?

$615,000 for a 2-br bungalow townhouse in Woodstock with an unfinished basement.

kirby.JPG

Source: Housesigma.com

Looking to flip my family's cottage north of Barrie for a detached in Barrie. Any tips for syncing the two transactions as closely as possible?

I would imagine things are selling quickly in Barrie, so find what you want, then list the one for sale and try for a closing date as close as possible to the one you are buying.

US Fed announced low interest rates until 2023. Confirms what we already knew, but RIP and good luck to new buyers. Prices will absolutely skyrocket between now and 2023. Think I'm going to hang on to the cottage for now until rates climb and I can grab that Barrie detached. Too many bidding wars going on right now like 2017 again.

^exactly with interest rates , good luck to everyone

Toronto families in 2023 ,

6 rooms into 1: morphing apartment packs 1100 sq ft into 420​

vs.

Toronto Singles in 2023

Simple life Manhattan: a 90-square-foot microstudio​

Manhattan shoebox apartment: a 78-square-foot mini studio​

Back