News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

When you live in downtown east for 25 years and you see how the city dumps a vastly disproportionate share of its services for the homeless, addicted and mentally ill in the neighbourhood.... well, you go there.
Surely better than having them on the street with which you were also displeased, justifiably.

Surely better than having them on the street with which you were also displeased, justifiably.
If those are the only two options, yes. But I see no reason that services for the homeless, addicted and mentally ill can’t be evenly distributed across the city and province.

💡the real problem with Canadian Housing vs USA
IMG_20211103_235615.png

IMG_20211103_235612.png

^😂😅🤣, i see your point , but this is not part of the core functions of the B.A.C. and maybe they don't want to criticize the current levels of governments when it comes to dumb policy ,taxing, zoning , higher immigration numbers , red tape in building permits etc...

both USA & Canada have really low interest rates and USA doesn't have this housing problem like we do

If I ever sold my house I would do it without a realtor whatsoever. Toronto houses, especially in in-demand areas sell themselves, so what’s the purpose of paying $50,000 or more commission to an agent when you can go to a lawyer for the same paperwork for under $1k?

And never, ever sign the seller disclosure document that the realtor pushes on you. That’s to protect them and to move all blame onto you. My house is over 100 years old and whilst I’ve updated wiring and plumbing, I can’t attest to everything behind the walls. Let the buyer do their due diligence and check the wiring, plumbing, etc. There is no upside to the seller in providing this declaration.

We are in the middle of the greatest intergenerational wealth transfer in history and there is no supply to keep up with demand.
I thought that was when the Boomers inherited. Whereas Boomers themselves are retiring and expiring with record levels of debt.

I thought that was when the Boomers inherited. Whereas Boomers themselves are retiring and expiring with record levels of debt.

I'm not talking about poor seniors. I'm talking about wealthy ones. Part of what is driving prices up is this transfer of wealth through gifted downpayment (and other financial gifts) to children. $30T will be changing hands.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markha...nd-what-are-the-implications/?sh=772204e24090

Here are some stats on downpayment gifting:

https://torontorealtyblog.com/blog/gifting-for-a-down-payment/

I'm not talking about poor seniors. I'm talking about wealthy ones.
I can see that. I can’t imagine ask one’s parents to go into debt to finance my home though. So, unless they’ve got free cash sitting around, leave your parents alone. I know one guy who pressured his retired mom into getting a 2nd mortgage so he could take her money for a down payment.

Back