News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The funny thing is that this is probably one of the biggest communities in the city of people who do more than just complain about the cost of housing. We have people who build housing, who write about it, who work in non-profits that deal with housing, and that regularly make submissions to city councillors and officials about it.

We also have plenty of people who just talk about it for now, but they are also the reservoir of people who will do something active about it in the future.

Anyways, I look forward to “everyone should just double their income” becoming every party’s major policy plank on housing in the next election. It’s a brilliant - and deceptively simple! - idea. I look forward to them fleshing it out!

I sometimes wonder if the people who write this stuff are really that dumb, or whether it’s just an act they’re putting on.

I sometimes wonder if the people who write this stuff are really that dumb, or whether it’s just an act they’re putting on.
Yet you can’t show me one sentence that’s “dumb”. Go on, I’m waiting.

Don’t put your nose in conversations you don’t understand. That’s not my issue, that’s your issue.

The funny thing is that this is probably one of the biggest communities in the city of people who do more than just complain about the cost of housing. We have people who build housing, who write about it, who work in non-profits that deal with housing, and that regularly make submissions to city councillors and officials about it.

We also have plenty of people who just talk about it for now, but they are also the reservoir of people who will do something active about it in the future.

Anyways, I look forward to “everyone should just double their income” becoming every party’s major policy plank on housing in the next election. It’s a brilliant - and deceptively simple! - idea. I look forward to them fleshing it out!
Wow, you really have not understood the point. Thanks for calling me stupid, but I wasn’t saying the market is not messed up. Please read my posts carefully if you care. If you don’t, then don’t assume things.

Anyway, I’m out. Have fun complaining about home prices for the rest of your lives. Have fun being fooled into believing you need to buy a home.

Mods, feel free to delete posts if you’d like. It’s a waste of my time anyways. Clearly everyone here is over 35 with no room for change in their mindsets.

By the time you’ll see any change in this Country, you’ll be 6ft under after wasting your whole life believing all the lies fed to you constantly. Don’t enslave yourself to modern slavery.

Have fun!

Yet you can’t show me one sentence that’s “dumb”. Go on, I’m waiting.

Don’t put your nose in conversations you don’t understand. That’s not my issue, that’s your issue.
Ha! I was talking about the Daily Hive guy. But you seem to be touchy about this?

Last edited:
I've spent the day driving for work in Dundas, Binbrook and Hamilton. When I see these sprawling subdivisions I am just aghast at the waste of space. I live in downtown east Toronto and I have a front yard, back yard, five bedrooms, three bath, parking, yard access from the street (good for bikes from shed), and everything I could want in a family home, but you could fit ten of my houses in the width of three of these wasteful suburban homes. There is a ray of hope, and I liked this new development near Hamilton. I would support seeing low rise like this all over the city.

IMG_20230925_0953064.jpg
IMG_20230925_0952467.jpg

And then they'll complain that their heating costs too much or the price on carbon waste affects them more than some other people.

Back