News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

You will never hear from me again, you spoiled it for many.

George, I hope you reconsider and continue to post. It is always good to hear different opinions. We can (and should) all be our own judges of the information and opinions that are presented to us.

You think I make comments here for my pocket and not to share my opinion and knowledge ? Shallow thinking, I am done.

Hold it guys.

I can tell you that whenever I go to conferences, people do declare possible conflicts of interest. This is done in an effort to achieve transparency so people can evaluate objectively the data and discount conflicts if they feel a need.

So CG, stating you are a realtor is reasonable information request which the reader should have.

CN Tower, I don't think it is fair that anyone in this "conflicted industry" should not be encouraged to share their views, even if you feel they are biased. It is all our responsibilities to accept or discount the information appropriately. Silencing everyone from the industry is not the solution.
I personally would rather make a decision with all the information in front of me, even if I end up discarding alot of it.

Even conflicted individuals can state opinions which can override at least to a degree their own self interest.

New is always in demand in key locations.

...and by the way I only sell new condos.

Gimme a break! Cat is looking for a new home for herself. To discourage her from buying an older condo for a significantly lower price just because the maintenance fees are higher is entirely disingenuous and smacks of self-interest.

Last edited:
The absolute last thing I want from an agent is their time, especially if I have to be there with him (I don't want to be home shopping as a second career).

If the agent can't interview me for an hour and present a half dozen options that fit what I'm looking for, then I need a new agent.

What if what you're looking for isn't on the market today but might be tomorrow?

CG, please, keep making your posts. We know you are an agent. We, at least I, would like to get your opinions.

I, too, respect CG's opinions and current info. I hope he won't just stop participating in this forum due to CN Tower's harsh (and unfair, IMO) words.

You think I make comments here for my pocket and not to share my opinion and knowledge ? Shallow thinking, I am done.

come on CG, as a realtor you can't be that thin skinned.

although i don't agree with everything you say, i still think your opinions/industry info are still insightful but i do wish you were more thorough with your comments instead of short 20 words blurbs like you were using twitter or something

...and by the way I only sell new condos.

Gimme a break! Cat is looking for a new home for herself. To discourage her from buying an older condo for a significantly lower price just because the maintenance fees are higher is entirely disingenuous and smacks of self-interest.

...well I am not a broker (R/E agent) - though completely agree with CG's comment on the high maintenance fee associated with older condos. That's certainly something for at least a kind reminder for a new buyer. The maintenance fee certainly is a key factor in the decision making process for many buyers. What the difference it will make if CG's comment was from somebody like myself (a non agent) vs. CG. Not that b/c he is a R/E agent so that we discourage any comments from him.

Btw self-interest? Any agent can sell new or old condo. His preference in selling relative newer/new condos vs. older ones is because he truly believes the newer/new ones will make better sales - more demands from customers...may not be the real interest of Cat's. Cat will be the final one to judge from all the different opinion posted here, and this is the essential function of a forum board.

CG, see how much (emotional) support you have on this thread. Should be enough for you to come back with your posts--- with guns blazing.

Yikes! I hope my query hasn't caused a civil war!

All opinions are encouraged, read, digested and appreciated.

We're fortunate to live in an open society - words ain't gonna kill anyone. Get over it. Suck up guys and continue the great work! (Just disclose personal interests).

All opinions are encouraged... (Just disclose personal interests).

Anybody who has been on this Board knows that CG is a R/E. As such, there is no need for him to declare personal interest every time he makes a post.

Comments on this thread clearly show that we might not agree with CG's posts, his opinions are more than welcome-- as a matter of fact, eagerly awaited. HE has his defenders.

I feel badly for CG, and indeed for all other R/E's. I have many friends in the business, and I'm concerned for them and how they will fare if things play out as I expect.

I think that perhaps he's reached a point where he knows it will be increasingly difficult to credibly argue that prices aren't dropping, and he's simply using this as an opportunity to effect a graceful retreat. Perfectly understandable.

Back