News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

thanks guys.

6316216895_950e10c4e8_b.jpg

Toronto as Inception

Great work!

I know that view, that's from the Plaza II apartments. I lived in a S/W corner 2 bedroom in the 80's & 90's. Great shot. I miss that view!

So was I, I left in good time to see the lights turned on at 7:15 and have never, ever seen the Square as busy as it was on Saturday night. I missed the tree lighting because of crowds on Bay Street and some genius loading a giant crane onto a flatbed just a few metres north of the Square on Bay Street. We finally pushed our way into a position on the ramp just a few minutes before the fireworks began. If you look carefully at Tomm's great photo above, note the crowds in the shot. They were overflowing onto Bay Street to try and get a view of the fireworks as the Square and surroundings were shoulder to shoulder, literally. When the fireworks were over we waited against the back of the ramp for about 30 minutes for everyone to exit down the stairs and then took some more photos from above, then down in the Square. The crowds had thinned by then.

A few photos of the fireworks from my POV (the music and sound system during the first half was crazy great) -

A few photos from the ramp and around the Square, after the crowds cleared -

You have a much better camera than I do.. My pictures were all the generic blurry night shots. Oh well maybe someday I'll stop being cheap and get a good one.

Back