News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The banks are following the lesson learned in the US: an increased number of branches drives an increase in business, even if individual branches aren't profitable.

RBC is building a new branch near Eglinton and Winston Churchill Blvd too.

RBC also opened a branch at Queens Quay and York recently too.

What was at Adelaide and York (NE corner)?

The Laurentian Bank was there for years, then they left and they reno'd the lobby, then there was a Newstand/Coffee Shop. I think the Galerie of Homoerotic Art is still in the unused balance of the lobby, seeing as how they use that crap to fill up unrented space everywhere.

From the same Bulletin, the new Royal Bank branch at King E & Jarvis (in St. Lawrence Hall) will be changing it's signage due to neighbourhood complaints.

Is there anything anyone does nowaday that doesn't get a complaint from someone somewhere? (me excluded, of course)

Why'd they complain about an RBC sign? And what was so special about it that you say they did a good job on them?

I too am a bit confused about the RBC signs, and wish someone would post some more details about exactly what is perceived to be wrong with them.

I remember commenting that I thought they looked pretty good. If I recall, most of the signs are on "wrought iron" holders that protrude from the building, perpendicular to the building face. I thought the signs were fairly small and unobtrusive, and they at least look vaguely old fashioned and not at all like the long rectangular signs you'd see on a strip mall bank.

It's a historical building, but RBC is a modern bank, and customers need to be able to identify it as such. I'm much happier to see the space used and restored by a good tenant than I was when it was a vacant mirror store for 5 years beforehand.

Now if only the TD down on Front by the St. Lawrence Market would open... looks like it's been finished for weeks.

Well, if this enlightens, I believe that in the 60s/70s a TD bank or something was located in that same corner--and I think it was painted "historical" signage, no plastic backlit anything. A much more hardcore Williamsburg-ian "heritage" approach.

There's no such obtrusive Canada Post sign at Toronto's First Post Office nearby, either; and presumably "with reason".

TD Canada Trust on Front St E opens

EDIT: Found out that fairly soon, the hours will be even better, opening at 8AM in the morning..And open till 4PM on Saturday.

On the downside, the signage is horrible.

But the branch hours are great:

Monday to Wednesday, 9am-6pm, Thursday to Friday, 9am-8pm, and Saturday 9am-3pm.

From the Bulletin:

http://www.thebulletin.ca/cbulletin/content.jsp?sid=78929729050881379711120455576&ctid=1000136&cnid=1001455

Canada Trust keeps growing in downtown Toronto

New branch reflects continued revitalization of historic St Lawrence Market community

As part of its commitment to building a stronger presence in Canada's many diverse and growing communities, TD Canada Trust announced the opening of its branch located at 80 Front St. East in Toronto, across from the St. Lawrence Market, on July 23. The new branch offers a wide array of personal and small business products and services as well as one Financial Advisor, two Financial Services Representatives, four Customer Service Representatives and access to a professional TD Waterhouse Financial Planner dedicated to helping customers meet their financial goals.

"We are proud to be part of the St. Lawrence Market community and the continued growth that this historic Toronto neighbourhood is experiencing," said Alfonso Moscillo, Branch Manager. "New condo units have recently been built and many more are currently under construction in the area and we're delighted to be opening a new TD Canada Trust branch to provide the convenient service customers want."

The new 3,400 square foot branch has been designed and built taking into consideration the accessibility needs of our customers. The new branch also features five private sit-down areas as well as two full-service Green Machine ABMs.

Branch hours are Monday to Wednesday, 9am-6pm, Thursday to Friday, 9am-8pm, and Saturday 9am-3pm.

Back