News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

^Looking out the window right now, that's my view too! (Except I can see all of the skyline, from NYCC to Buffalo/NF!:D)

So, seeing as I'm bored with the view, I find staring at this dull BA thing better here: From Queen and U, rush hour today.

DSC07943.jpg

Kind of strange that Heenan Blaikie leased all of 26 to 29, as well as half of 25 and half of 6. I would have thought that they would prefer to have all of 25 to 29, in order to keep all their offices in the building in one contiguous block.

edit -- Upon closer inspection, it appears that the numbers along the left side of the diagram, outside the floor numbers, indicate the usable office space on that floor. In that case, since the associated number for 25 is about half of the usual number range (along with 12), it seems safe to say that Heenan Blaikie is already using all the available space from 25 to 29. The other half of the floor, I assume, is intended for mechanical.

I guess there's no way to know how much of this is expansion or just moving around from older buildings?

Kind of strange that Heenan Blaikie leased all of 26 to 29, as well as half of 25 and half of 6. I would have thought that they would prefer to have all of 25 to 29, in order to keep all their offices in the building in one contiguous block.

edit -- Upon closer inspection, it appears that the numbers along the left side of the diagram, outside the floor numbers, indicate the usable office space on that floor. In that case, since the associated number for 25 is about half of the usual number range (along with 12), it seems safe to say that Heenan Blaikie is already using all the available space from 25 to 29. The other half of the floor, I assume, is intended for mechanical.

I don't think it's mechanical, I think it's just a screw-up on their part in making the stacking plan. All the floors have about 25,000 square feet of office space according to the floor plans and earlier stacking plans. If you look at the two previous iterations, you can see that they were adjusting the numbers to show the remaining unleased space, they must have just copied the numbers from the previous version:

Still doesn't explain why Heenan leased half the 6th floor though.

So - from the new stacking plan we learn that the building is 50 stories, not 51 (plus whatever mechanical space). There probably never was a change - it was just this society's idiotic fixation with 13 being 'bad luck' that prompted the standard renumbering.

Back