News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Montreal places wires underground due to the frequency of ice storms. It is better for them to bury then to replace/repair every few years.

A Lunch Time Walk

dsc00990ty4.jpg

dsc00993yk8.jpg

That's a fair point I guess. - :)

Can't wait for number 2, this one will be bascially finished by the end of the year. And then what will I do?..... I guess I'll have to go back to selling advertising.

Trouble is with number 2. By the time Trump get's a hold on the skyline, number 2 at Bay adelaide will have limited ground vantage points, mainly from the north, and only as far as The Bay.

The glass to glass reflections of BA and Trump should be very cool when the sun hits them.

Actually really only just noticed the forms gone from the south side of the core.

Back to being pompous!!

You should seriously consider looking up the meaning of "pompous."

Maybe Yonge should be relined with overhead wiring and transformers to satisfy your tastes. Each third pole should be skewed at an angle and coated in yellowed tape and tattered posters - just to satisfy your aesthetic desires.

Montreal places wires underground due to the frequency of ice storms. It is better for them to bury then to replace/repair every few years.

Not entirely. The wires were above ground for many decades and many, many days of freezing rain. There are still above ground cables in Montreal - as there are in Ottawa. The reason to put the wiring underground was to improve the street scape and to put such utilities safely out of the way.

As far as harmless towers go, this one is good. It fits in. It's as if it's been there all along. However, I don't think it adds much to Toronto's skyline or architectural significance.

I like the glass and the shape is not entirely a box, yet I think this was Toronto's chance to stand out with a new gem and the opportunity was lost.

August 6th

The glass is nice but I think it's going to get lost. It's not very bold or head-turning.

BA_Aug6.jpg

The older facade that is being redone on the north west corner of the building is simply amazing. The stonework is beautiful (both the quality of the stone and the fit and finish) and the 'reproduction' of this building will probably look better than the original. In addition, the stone and detail interestingly makes the corresponding new facade look even more banal, in contrast.

it is almost bold of them to build a simple glass box in this day and age. It will be nice infill but not noticable otherwise..hopefully will provide texture and context for a bolder, taller tower nearby that may arise out of the next boom ten years hence.

Back