News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Does anyone know when they expect to link the BA into PATH and make a proper North - South PATHway? I assume this will happen before BA2 and BA3 are built (and before BA opens?). I seem to recall they got permission to put a tunnel from Scotia Bank to BA quite recently.

2766926526_37a76ceaaa_b.jpg

wyliepoon, this is a sweet photo!

Everyone else, thanks for the updates.

Does anyone know when they expect to link the BA into PATH and make a proper North - South PATHway? I assume this will happen before BA2 and BA3 are built (and before BA opens?). I seem to recall they got permission to put a tunnel from Scotia Bank to BA quite recently.

I'm pretty sure it will connect now. Can't see a major tower like this not connected to PATH. And waiting for a potential second tower wouldn't make the tenants of this building very happy.

I'm pretty sure it will connect now. Can't see a major tower like this not connected to PATH. And waiting for a potential second tower wouldn't make the tenants of this building very happy.

It's not just the connection but the filling-in of the missing North-South link I was interested in.

What this office building lacks in the way of innovative architecture or thought-provoking design it surely makes up for in added density for the core. It seems to be very good at, umm, filling space – that’s for sure!

Considering that the Bay-Adelaide connection has been a dotted line on the PATH map since its first incarnation, it better well be connected.

I believe though, the only connection that needs to be made is from Scotia to BA. You can already access BA's parkade via the basement of the Bay.

Much like Commerce Court and FCP...

FCP and Commerce Court are not bland. They are still two of the most interesting buildings in the city. I'll wait until B/A is done to decide where it fits in the picture.

From a purely aesthetic prespective we all knew that BA would be a bit bland. The completion of the facade will only enhance this, not reveal any new conclusions. But as the photos in this thread clearly show the overall impact of the tower in terms of massing, colour, texture and positioning in it's context is quite positive and enhances the aesthetics of the skyline as a whole.

Back