News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sept 25 2008 Update

through my sunroof ~

Wow, no posts for almost a week?

We all on vacation or something? :D

Anyone have any updates? I find myself rarely downtown these days.

2 October 2008 photo update

Taken 20 minutes ago from the west end:

DSC00132.jpg

Whiners, are you happy?

its a bird, its a plane, its a .... box!

I wasnt whining, but I was surprised BA had dropped off page one... that hasnt happened in a long time.

thanks for that awesome shot! you'll have to invite me over to your balcony with my 300mm zoom and new tripod some day...

P1070853_4_5.jpg

photo: HarryC @ ssp

We all remember our short BA "stump".... this apparent stump in Chi-town is minus 10 storeys. Unless they are actually building Spire down instead of up... in which case the project is well underway.

;-)

I just spent a week in Philadelphia and had many meetings with planning officials from the city. One of the more interesting ones had to do with the Centre City BID (BIA to us). Unlike Toronto, the entire downtown of Philadelphia is all one huge BIA. Their BIA has come up with the idea to light up most of their buildings and I was there to see the start of this project. It makes me wish B.A and many more buildings in Toronto could be lit up at night.

Another interesting thing, 2 towers in Philly are experimenting with different lighting techniques. While I was there, many floors had one light which would flash about every second. Not every window had a light, and they didnt flash all at once so it looked pretty random. Its such a small and easy thing to do, but it was fun to look at.

^ Hong Kong's "Symphony of Lights" skyscraper sound and light show (the largest such show in the world) is organized by the city's Tourism Board. Until recently the show was only restricted to the famous skyline on Hong Kong Island, but now there are also skyscrapers participating from outside that area (including in Kowloon).

The entire show (and most of the night lighting on the skyscrapers) is coordinated by one Australian company.

2162452687_31e309f72a_b.jpg

Back