News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

the 'heritage' looks like a model. GI Joe? maybe Puzz3D.

Quadruple the pretense, quadruple the charm? Might as well build a picket fence around the complex once the hoarding's down, and hire these girls as security guards:

750_Victorian_Friendship_Society_at_Sugar_s_Christmas_Tea.JPG

Shocker's Sunday Tea?

Yes! ( tops: SimplyDan, interchange93, La Shocker, jaborandi, BuildTO, Darkstar, Mot; bottoms: FutureMayor, AlvinofDiaspar, 3D ).

I think once the heritage facade gets weathered it'll look better (or at least I hope).

I wonder what Plan B is?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Application: Sign Permit Status: Refusal Notice

TORONTO ON

Ward 28: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 09 109514 SGN 00 SP Accepted Date: Feb 13, 2009

Project: First Party Permanent

Description: << The location of signs: Wall Sign >>SIGN PERMIT for 4 first party illuminated fascia signs on all ellevations on uppermost storey attached to mechanical penthouse wall - KPMG - SEE 08 224782 ZPR

SP Sign By-law Review Feb 16, 2009 Closed
SP Code Review Feb 24, 2009 Refusal Notice
Plan Examination Chiang, David Contact Info

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the problem is that it's too clean (thus new) - but even if it isn't, the "heritage facade" still looks like an afterthought from those angles - it looks better when aligned with the roofline of other structures along Bay though.

US: Tsk tsk!

AoD

BAC on cloudy day.

View from 22nd floor 1 queen east - today.

img1204s.jpg

Sorry about the reflection from the lights...

Last edited:
Better now. You know, if you ignore the idiot facadism, it actually looks reasonably okay from far enough away and if you view it from a corner.

Is there rooftop lighting that anyone knows about? I'm seeing a long green reflection at the same roof height of BAC onto the east side of BMO/FCP. It looks like a line of green neon.

I am looking forward to the PATH connection to the new Bay-Adelaide Center.

I've been watching it progress. The put rebar down in the bottom of the Adelaide Street trench over the past week (on top of what looked like rigid blue slabs of insulation) and it looks like they've just finished pouring the floor. When I investigated earlier this week the location of where it will enter the concourse in Scotia Plaza, I could feel a really cold draft coming from behind a cut-out in the drywall - it appeared that the concrete behind it had been cut and was letting in external air, but I couldn't get the cut-out piece (which had been roughly replaced) to budge too much in order to get a good look (I think it was being blocked in from the other side). I had my camera with me but decided to wait for a better opportunity to snap a pic of what's going on down below.

Back