News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I love it's Chameleon-like ability to blend in with the sky around it!
Awesome balance, as well!

Work has been progressing this week for preparing the "green" areas of the plaza for the planting of grass and trees. Going underground, the new PATH tunnel and concourse level are not yet open, but they look like they are getting a lot closer to completion.

Here's a shot I took yesterday of BA...
looking good :)

3887893314_943e36dc77_b.jpg

Photo by me: steveve

Peace :)

NICE job steveve~ I don't care how old you are ... but you've taken some amazing photos !!

thanks for the various updates :)

The trees are going into the square today. looks like there are going to quite a few of them

Fitting in is the new standing out.

Don't get me wrong; I am a huge fan of many of the architects you ae (Diamond/Schmitt; aA; etc.) and I hope to work for one of those firms in a few years. And I too agree with the whole concept that for the most part, buildings should try to blend in to their surroundings. But do you need to post your opinion of this every other post? It's really tiring.

The trees are going into the square today. looks like there are going to quite a few of them

I want to go see this! Are they tiny little sticks, or something worthy of a corporation like Brookfield? (snicker)

To be honest, I almost wish this hadn't been built, and still have the stump. Well, kind of.

From the street, this is a very nice building, but from afar, it's a real stinker. I have trouble believing that an architect actually designed this building. It's the most basic design. Blue glass, square, flat topped, stubby, and just blah. I really looks out of place driving into the core from any angle.

Honestly, someone was paid to design this thing? Seriously?

It's the most basic design. Blue glass, square, flat topped, stubby, and just blah. I really looks out of place driving into the core from any angle.

And you think it looks out of place?

I have mixed feelings about BA...

- It replaced that brutal stump that was taking up that entire lot for decades...
- It fills in a HUGE gap in the skyline and really balances out the financial district from the rest of the skyline...

However...

- The design is very plain and simple with puny fins at the top isn't an eye catcher...

All in all Bay Adelaide Centre west did an amazing job in balancing out the skyline...

If you hate Bay Adelaide Centre West then your seriously out of luck because they're about to build 2 more of them... he he :)

Peace :)

I really looks out of place driving into the core from any angle.

To be fair, it seems to blend into the sky because of its glass. I find it annoying that a such a large new tower is that dull when I see it, but I think that those who don't know anything about it will barely notice it's even there.

Back