News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

This webcam picture shows a bit of scale in relation to people.

This building is huge.

inscalefg4.jpg

I don't think this is going to be concrete core and steel. Last night they were putting some concrete forms into the pit, on the Bay side.

They were not the simple forms but that whole mechanism that attaches to the side of the core. I can't imagine where they are going to put it because the core is already totally enclosed.

I am not an enginner so I hope you guys get the gist of what I am saying.

So they were pouring concrete today for the core, I over heard a construction worker say that they were going to have to jack the crane up either tomorrow or Saturday.

Anyway heres the update:

DSC_1311.jpg

DSC_1313.jpg

Not really relevant to Bay adelaide, but just the fog that there was dowtown today.
DSC_1317.jpg

DSC_1318.jpg

DSC_1320.jpg

They used two Concrete trucks at a time, on each side of the building, so at any one time they had 4 trucks pouring into the core.
DSC_1322.jpg

DSC_1325.jpg

DSC_1326.jpg

And the fog lifted:
DSC_1330.jpg

DSC_1331.jpg

Paul

From NRU:

Brookfield Properties Corporation's Bay Adelaide Centre development is to be built to LEED Gold standard. The complex will generate 40% energy savings through the installation of lighting occupancy sensors, low-emitting materials, a rain water collection system, bike storage and change rooms. Other features include enhanced indoor air quality and futures intended to reduce water use.

BROOKFIELD PROPERTIES’
BAY ADELAIDE CENTRE DEVELOPMENT TO BE BUILT TO LEED GOLD STANDARD
Green Features, Sustainability Top Priorities at 2.6 Million Square Foot Project in Toronto CBD

TORONTO, October 2, 2007 – Brookfield Properties Corporation (BPO: NYSE, TSX) and its Canadian-based subsidiary, BPO Properties Ltd. (BPP: TSX), today announced that the 2.6 million square foot Bay Adelaide Centre development in Toronto’s financial core will be built to a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold standard, as specified by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). The LEED Green Building Rating System is the internationally accepted scorecard for sustainable sites, water efficiency, energy and atmosphere, materials and resources, and indoor environmental quality.
In achieving a LEED Gold standard, the entire Bay Adelaide Centre complex will produce an estimated 40% energy savings relative to other buildings built to the Canadian Model National Energy Code, and will feature state-of-the-art operating and life safety systems, including:

• Lighting occupancy sensors;
• Enhanced indoor air quality;
• Low emitting materials;
• Optimization of energy performance;
• Indoor water use reduction features;
• Rain water collection system;
• Bicycle storage and changing rooms.

“With this project, Brookfield Properties is helping lead the way for high-performing, socially-conscious developments that will benefit our tenants, employees, communities and the environment,†said Ric Clark, President & CEO of Brookfield Properties Corporation. “Brookfield is committed to environmental sustainability in all of our new developments.â€
"Our goal is to provide office space of the highest quality for our tenants while reducing their operating costs which is why we’ve made energy efficiency a top priority," said Tom Farley, President and COO, Canadian Commercial Operations for Brookfield Properties. “Our hope is that this project will serve as a model for 21st century commercial development.â€

Construction on the development commenced in July 2006, and KPMG and Goodmans LLP have signed on as anchor tenants for the project’s first phase – Bay Adelaide Centre West Tower – which is scheduled for completion in July 2009. Comprising approximately 1.1 million square feet, the 50-storey tower is the first new development in Toronto’s financial core since Brookfield Place was completed in 1992. Phases Two and Three of Bay Adelaide Centre will likely be a mix of office and hotel/residential.

Height

Also through out their web site is states the building will be 50 floors. I don't know why people insist that the buildings height has changed at that it will now be 55 floors or something. Just wishfull thinking based on a rendering.

Mike in TO/bc:

Thanks for that excellent piece of news re: LEED - I wonder what prompted the change - as I recall, BA (and RBC/Telus) are all going to be LEED Silver originally.

AoD

Back