News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hey guys,

I was just looking on the skyscraperpage diagrams for Toronto and the height of BA north seems to be scaled back to 120m... is this true?

November 7 Pictures

Some more movie activity today. I was actually worried at first that there was a real emergency, then I remembered reading about the movie here earlier this week!

4083781875_dff8627428.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/4083781875/in/set-72157622756392786

Every car on Bay from Adelaide to King had the fake Pennsylvania plates:
4084541310_2006cb2c8b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/4084541310/in/set-72157622756392786

No rain while I was there:
4084541054_8e403a8ebc_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41002894@N07/4084541054/in/set-72157622756392786

Here a short video of the intersection today with filming underway and rain falling.

I was about to tell that clown where to go as he didn't want me or other from shooting what was talking place.

I was about to tell that clown where to go as he didn't want me or other from shooting what was talking place.

I don't think he was trying to prevent you from capturing it. You were on a movie set, and they were filming a movie. If they let everyone crowd and watch, it would ruin the set. They try to keep everyone moving to make the scene more realistic.

I don't think he was trying to prevent you from capturing it. You were on a movie set, and they were filming a movie. If they let everyone crowd and watch, it would ruin the set. They try to keep everyone moving to make the scene more realistic.

They were ""NOT"" Allowing anyone to use the sidewalk or the intersection and we had to stay where we were. The same for the west side of Bay and other streets.

They were filming inside the building at the time.

They can't film people walking on sidewalks without paying them as an extra.
That guy also can not threaten to take away his camera or tell him what he can and can not take photos of. If you listen closely he says he's about to take away his camera. I would have had a few things to say to him myself if that were me.

Last edited:
They can't film people walking on sidewalks without paying them as an extra.

Yes they can. I have been in the Eaton Centre many times during film shoots. Signs go up saying you will be in the scene if you walk by this area, and there are ushers that keep people moving along and acting like normal shoppers.

drum, I don't understand-- you want Toronto to get filming activity but if it inconveniences you ever so slightly you get pissed off? I don't get it.

I still want the KPMG signs to go up!

I went by the movie shoot today and asked one of the cops about taking pictures. He said the movie company pays a lot of $ to close the streets and the police will remove anyone inside the barricades (which can be blocks away) who they think is interfering with the movie making process. The film shoot employees have no right to touch you or take away your camera, that's the policeman's job.

What happened to the LED plan for this tower? What was supposed to be illuminated? The base, roof?

What happened to the LED plan for this tower? What was supposed to be illuminated? The base, roof?

That was canned a long, long time ago.

Ramako, by 'canned', do you mean 'inaugurated'? The five panels (of which three are pictured below) are the LED component, which were erroneously expected to be on the exterior of the building. They can be seen from the exterior, but are in the lobby facing Adelaide Street.

Yes they can. I have been in the Eaton Centre many times during film shoots. Signs go up saying you will be in the scene if you walk by this area, and there are ushers that keep people moving along and acting like normal shoppers.

I think it depends what is being filmed. Commercials yes. TV shows and movies? Not so sure.

No, the original LED lighting feature was canned. Early in this version of the Bay-Adelaide Centre there were reported plans to light up the exterior of the building with LED lights. What we ended up getting wasn't what was originally suggested. I don't feel like sifting through the old posts, but way back (a couple years) in this thread there were interviews with the artist talking about the plans

Back