News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
This design is too iconic. Every major city and every architect firm in the world has a knockoff of this stacked toy blocks, design motif ready to go. The trouble is, once you've seen this trick it gets old fast. Also, any city can have only one of them or else it looks like the next one is a copy and everyone comments as such. How many Frank Gehry Bilbao Museums can one city have?

So, I don't doubt Toronto will get one of these soon, but it better be a good one, because it's the only one we will (or should) get.

Well it's definitely a huge improvement over its neighbouring condos. I know that the design has been done (or will be done), even in our own city, but it's still edgier than a plain box, a solid complement to the ROM, and decked out in fritted glass, which is always easy on my eyes.

"The parking, located at the rear of the building, is comprised of eight above ground levels, veiled in the same fritted glass as the rest of the tower. Residents living on those floors will have the convenience of parking their car on the same level as their suite."

Would be wonderful to have your car on the same level as your condo, but I hope the cars access the floors via car elevator - or getting your car up to and down from the eighth floor would be a pain in the a$$. Vertigo...

seems like a big waste of money to put above-ground parking on such a valuable piece of land.

seems like a big waste of money to put above-ground parking on such a valuable piece of land.

What else are they going to do, considering the part about the subway? I highly doubt a parking free development would fly in this area.

I love that the rendering shows some sleek high end clothing boutique as the ground floor retail.
I'm quite sure that a Mcdonald's will be taking up the entire bottom floor.

Back