News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This latest news inspired me to try and map the extraordinary changes that the area from Yonge to Spadina (south of Queen) is experiencing. I've noted as many of the taller projects as I could think of..... really quite astonishing changes in density and height.

downtownwest.jpg

Great map. A couple of minor corrections/additions:

1. TIFF Lightbox & Tower is 47 storeys (5 storey lightbox + 47 storey tower)
2. The 28 storey proposed for the SE corner of Peter/Richmond should cover the entire space between Richmond and the "silver monster" at 111 Peter.
3. Hilton Garden Inn is missing
4. Queen/Simcoe office building is missing

^ I thought it was 5 plus 37 =42 total. There is a minor variance notice on the site that says this.

there's one going up on the north side of wellington, between draper and spadina, too. Also one just west of there, before portland. I'll see if i can't upload some pics.

Hmmmm...I'll have to do some more digging. For now my correction stands corrected.

:eek:

It is 37 stories on top of 5 - - - but the 5 are all pretty much double height, so it ends up being the equivalent of the average 47 storey tower. Maybe that's where you got your number from.

(not above 5)

In light of the Pinnacle International (Mississauga) thread, maybe this thread should be re-christened "Pinnacle International (John/Adelaide)".

Back