It probably depends on when you purchased.

When we purchased (in June?) it was not an option; on October 31, 2010 we received an email providing us with the option to upgrade to HW throughout and mentioned that they had extra storage and parking spaces available for purchase:

"Dear Berczy Homeowner,

You may remember that the standard flooring provided in the bedroom(s) of your new home will be wool sisal broadloom in the colour matching to the Colour Scheme you selected at time of purchase.

Many of you have expressed an interest in upgrading this standard to the engineered wood flooring instead, for a seamless look throughout your suite. We are pleased to now be able to offer you this option!"

In December, 2010 we received a promotion email that said that hardwood in the bedrooms was available as part of a parking/storage upgrade package.

So everyone's right.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! I'll check with Concert. I have a feeling the disconnect is it's standard with internal bedrooms (sliding glass doors) but not with actual bedrooms.

Ah yes, that could be it. Sorry for the confusion. They told me this May 2010 as an FYI re the following post.

Carpet in the bedroom is actually a good idea. It insulates a lot of sound and vibrations. Picture lying in bed and hearing every little sound from the neighbour above.

The offer was back in 2010. You'd had to contact them to find out if there is still any extra inventory they're trying to sell.

I did buy on opening day a locker and parking but can't remember that pricing, I think it was the same. I am wondering what the deal was then after the fact - was it free hardwood in the bedroom?

The deal was on the last 4 units in the building in December after they closed the sales office. 20k for a parking spot, locker, 2 bike lockups and hardwood in the bedrooms. The email said it was a 50k value - but you can bet the list price of the units was a lot higher than back in May/June when they launched.

The deal was on the last 4 units in the building in December after they closed the sales office. 20k for a parking spot, locker, 2 bike lockups and hardwood in the bedrooms. The email said it was a 50k value - but you can bet the list price of the units was a lot higher than back in May/June when they launched.

Thanks SP.
Anyone here on UT on a second floor unit ie. one of the first to get a PDI?

Oh poop! I guess I missed that memo re: option to upgrade hardwood floors in the bedrooms. I need to visit UT more often. Does anyone know what the cost of the upgrade option was?

Making progress

Photos from this afternoon to share

View attachment 11148
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 365
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Does anyone have a copy of the statement of critical dates? I don't seem to have one in my contract docs.

Back