That's one horror story mattnmags. I do think that they got sloppy on the last two floors. They are doing deficiency work, slowly, and more painting than anything else from what I can tell. But it's a shame. At this point in the project, the trades are on the way out, the developer is thinking about the next project, the PM company is there on a tentative basis, and hired for limited work...hopefully it will all be good soon.

I'm worried about building issues that are also not up to par. Not sure who takes ownership of those problems, works to get them done. Elevator button panels on each floor are loose, one elevator badly scratched, aluminum door/window structure in parking area are not trimmed at the bottom, you can see shims. Outside, the building is dirty. At the front entrance, the canopy painting is not done, and you can still see yellow foam. Look at the elevator floor display outside the right hand elevator on G. It is hanging, there are two screws in the plate, but nothing behind, the hole was cut too big.

At the side of the building on Church, look at the joint between the wall and sidewalk. It looks unfinished. Damage to the ceiling by the parking entrance. A lot of painting still to be done especially on G and lower on door frames. Now the cold weather is here, the exterior stuff is probably on hold.

We are up to 25 owners as members of the facebook group for berczy. Come and join, I will add you.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/BerczyCondo/

Harry

And guess what ... developer has 18 months after registration to address common area deficiencies :) The fun of buying pre-construction.

That's one horror story mattnmags. I do think that they got sloppy on the last two floors. They are doing deficiency work, slowly, and more painting than anything else from what I can tell. But it's a shame. At this point in the project, the trades are on the way out, the developer is thinking about the next project, the PM company is there on a tentative basis, and hired for limited work...hopefully it will all be good soon.

I'm worried about building issues that are also not up to par. Not sure who takes ownership of those problems, works to get them done. Elevator button panels on each floor are loose, one elevator badly scratched, aluminum door/window structure in parking area are not trimmed at the bottom, you can see shims. Outside, the building is dirty. At the front entrance, the canopy painting is not done, and you can still see yellow foam. Look at the elevator floor display outside the right hand elevator on G. It is hanging, there are two screws in the plate, but nothing behind, the hole was cut too big.

At the side of the building on Church, look at the joint between the wall and sidewalk. It looks unfinished. Damage to the ceiling by the parking entrance. A lot of painting still to be done especially on G and lower on door frames. Now the cold weather is here, the exterior stuff is probably on hold.

We are up to 25 owners as members of the facebook group for berczy. Come and join, I will add you.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/BerczyCondo/

Harry

Im so tempted to ask anyone who had a "good"inspection and turnover, to look at my suite to see if I am being harsh with my expectations, but honestly, I look at the painting, tiling and filth, I just cant get over the lack of refinement in the finish.

Im so tempted to ask anyone who had a "good"inspection and turnover, to look at my suite to see if I am being harsh with my expectations, but honestly, I look at the painting, tiling and filth, I just cant get over the lack of refinement in the finish.

To be honest, I had a fairly good inspection and turnover. I had about 30 issues in the suite including many of the ones that you listed. However, I have been quite happy with the customer service at Concert. They have addressed almost all issues. I only have a couple of scratched floorboards left for replacing. While they haven't been super fast, they have taken care of all the problems in a reasonable time frame.

There was a cap and I think for most folks, they were happily surprised how simple it was in the end. Concert didn't seem to be going after a whole bunch of miscellaneous costs that were surprises.

@Berczybyer and @TheKingEast . You both have seen the mls listing? The 1.79 mill seems beautiful although limited photos.

@Berczybyer and @TheKingEast . You both have seen the mls listing? The 1.79 mill seems beautiful although limited photos.

I did see that unit....very nice but unfortunately out of my price range. We're looking for one of the smaller two bedrooms two bathrooms in the 900-1000 square foot range. Thank you though.

I waited three years to get into a building I wanted; it was worth the wait. It's a good sign when there's a line up to get in :)

I waited three years to get into a building I wanted; it was worth the wait. It's a good sign when there's a line up to get in :)

This is true. Some buildings tend to always have activity while others rarely come on sale. Berczy is awesome.

Back