Thanks for the background, it's precisely why I asked. Registration was Sept 17. So that's the trigger. As many have said, our registration is rare, and that leads to new ground for many of the norms.

I received the statement of adjustments from my lawyer yesterday. If I'm reading it right closing costs as far as the builder is concerned are approx $5k.

Any chance you could break that out for us, for your case in terms of what the $5k included? I am most worried about the unforeseen development charges.

Here are some pics I took yesterday during my PDI. They include:

- Some Common Elements
- Gym
- Condo

I've included a couple of panoramas as well.

Last edited:
Has anyone who has had a PDI or taken occupancy measured the rooms to see how close they are to their floorplans?

Been busy at work so did not have time to post the last couple of days. We had our PDI on the 15th for the 6th floor. Overall the unit was in good shape, quite a bit of dust everywhere. The only concerns we had were some paint overspray on the floor along the baseboards, also in our kitchen we had quite a few dents and scrapes in the cabinetry which will need replacing. I recommend everyone to go through the kitchen carefully.
Will post pics once I get them resized.

We had our PDI today. We have the D18 model, it's 1460 square feet on the north-west corner, 7th floor. Actually I was mildly disappointed. Building is great, unit is great, amenities look wonderful, but found about 20 issues. Some were minor, maybe picky, some I was shocked were not caught.

The roller shades on each window (which are mandatory, they must remain) were nice, but one had a tear in it. There were some floor boards warped, or bowed. There was a bathroom vanity scratched, several scratches on the floor, paint touch-ups. Under the fridge, it did not meet the hardwood plank flooring, you could see plywood for about an inch. There was a cupboard piston missing. Kitchen baseboard and trim were installed as if nobody would ever look at them. The balcony (which is a common area) was full of concrete patch. Behind the guest bathroom toilet, there was drywall compound not sanded or painted, or caulked to the baseboard. You can't open the walk-in closet door as the cupboard is not deep enough, so the door hits the shelving. One of the bathroom doors has a door-stop on the wall to protect the wall, but the door hits the towel bar before it hits the door stop. Amazing oversight, there was a threshold strip between the hallway and master bedroom. It was gouged and scratched, it will need replacing.

Parking area looks great, as do lockers. For your info, lockers are about 45 inches wide, 83 inches high and 70 inches deep (your mileage may vary).

PDI was a bit rushed, they only allocate about an hour in the unit. Don't be pressured. I'm sure it will all be fixed properly, they were very attentive, but I understand that the unit undergoes 2 inspections (Bird & then Concert) before we saw it, so some of these should have been spotted.

Measurements were pretty true to the plans, although I think the plan measurements went from concrete wall to concrete wall. Carpets are just going down in the 7th floor hallways, otherwise it looks ready to occupy. I'd like to move in next week, but not til November 7.

anybody planning to install outdoor lighting on their balconies or terraces? any good ideas on what can be done? it is a shame that they did not install any outdoor lighting. the west side of the building is so dark at night

Forgot to mention, very excited to see the first of the new Market Street restaurants open today. Bindia opened for lunch, maybe some others to follow. Going tonight with my wife. If you are there having supper, stop by at the table where the guy looks like Ryan Gosling, sipping on red wine. OK, perhaps not Ryan Gosling. maybe more like Meg Ryan.

anybody planning to install outdoor lighting on their balconies or terraces? any good ideas on what can be done? it is a shame that they did not install any outdoor lighting. the west side of the building is so dark at night

There is AC on the balconies, so unless there is a condo rule, you can take your pick. Was at the home show a couple of weeks ago. They have floating wooden flooring that you can custom fit to your balcony, gives it a nice look.

Thanks for all the information on your PDI....a little shocking about the number of items. I wonder if these same items were missed by the other owners when they did their PDI's. Sure hope the workmanship doesn't get worse the higher up they go. Maybe Concert HQ should be made aware of your findings. Sorry I was unable to drop by the Bindia tonight. I would loved to have met you and your wife. Looking forward to ongoing updates once you take occupancy of your unit to see if all was repaired to your satisfaction.

All, I'm having balcony flooring people over at my place today at 1:30 for a free quote. If anyone is around and wants me to send them over, let me know and I can ask. Company is kandy, I think same one Harry is referring too.

Back