News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

G

ganjavih

I gotta admit... sometimes I get the hankering for a good suburban-style buffet. Any recommendations... preferrably with good transit access? I know there are some good ones in Mississauga, Brampton, etc. but it's too hard to get our there.

There's a pretty good Indian buffet in the Atrium on Bay.

Try Sunday brunch at the Hot House Cafe on the north-east corner of Church & Front.

hothouse.gif

JASON :)

I gotta admit... sometimes I get the hankering for a good suburban-style buffet.

What's a suburban buffet? How is it different from a regular buffet? Do you have to eat in a parking lot?

LOL! I mean these giant buffets with 3000 food items.

CANNOT GO WRONG WITH MANDARIN, at Yonge and Eglinton.
The service, food, price, is all EXCELLENT. Nothing negative can be said about this place. They are worth every penny.

Most people I know (especially those of Chinese descent) won't go near Mandarin.

I recently went with friends to a Japanese buffet just off Yonge, south of Bloor. First time I have ever seen a Japanese buffet (it was not run by Japanese). It was horrible.

BuildTO:

Well, some of us *do* go to Mandarin - but we don't go there for real Chinese food, needless to say...

As to "Japanese" buffet - I would be a tad worried about the sashimi. Really, there aren't all that many authentic Japanese restaurants in Toronto...

GB

That was what I was thinking. I still go to Mandarin when other people want to, but I don't consider it "real" Chinese food.

RE: Japanese buffet
Raw fish is easy! It's the sushi that is never up to par in these places.

There are some excellent Japanese restaurants in TO - but very few.

BuildTO:

Actually it's funny - non-authentic Japanese places ALWAYS screws up "family fare" like Donburi...

GB

I heard there's a Japanese Buffet over on the Danforth. I haven't been there myself but plan to when I have time. The sushi is freshly made, it's like all you can eat for $15. The trick is they charge you extra for every uneaten piece.

I heard there's a Japanese Buffet over on the Danforth. I haven't been there myself but plan to when I have time. The sushi is freshly made, it's like all you can eat for $15. The trick is they charge you extra for every uneaten piece.

That could end up being a REALLY costly buffet.

"Well, some of us *do* go to Mandarin - but we don't go there for real Chinese food, needless to say..."

So because Mandarin doesn't serve "real chinese" food, doesn't make it one of the best(buffet)?????? Reall or not, the quality is excellent and so is almost everything else about it.
Find me another place which lives up to that standard!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hairspray:

Actually, the quality of the food, while not bad, isn't all that great either.

GB

Back