News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Anyone nostalgic for those hotdog, burger and poutine Greek diners found in Montreal (or at least used to be found in Montreal, eg along McGill south of Square Victoria?) Well I finally found a place that matches their atmosphere and taste:

Steak Queen. The home burger is pretty good! (It's not in the same league as Zet's, but it really does remind me of my Montreal days.:)) I will try their poutine next time.

In all seriousness, have you tried the Crow Bar lunch at Adelaide and Princess? That sounds like what you are looking for.

New, haven’t tried it myself, but appears to be a US mini chain: Bareburger

I'm a simple burgers type of guy but I gave the new Bare Burger a try. There is a lot of variety on the menu so if you like something a little outside of the standard beef burger, this might be to your liking. The burgers are a little on the small side. The server verified that their patties are 5oz, which I find rather small. All that said, give this place a try if you like something a little different, but if what you're yearning for is a simple, good 'ol beef burger, I'll pick South Street over Bare Burger any day.

While searching for a specific burger, I came across this blog that you all might enjoy where the author ranks many burger establishments across the GTA:

http://tastyburgers.ca/

A great family burger place (IMO,) is Griffin Burger in Bloor West. There are some burgers that may seem really crazy (Guacamole, Cheese and Peanut Butter among other things in just a single burger,) but most of them are absolutely delicious. It reminds me of the UK Gourmet Burger Kitchens (if anyone knows that franchise.) Only problem is long wait times; if you go, be ready for at least a 1 hour wait for your food.
I visted the Yellow Griffin yesterday for lunch. Had the Bollywood Lamb burger with a Boddingtons. Great service, excellent food. We didn't have to wait more than ten mins to get food.

This was my second time there. My first was a pal and I arrived five mins before the kitchen closed and the cook stayed open for us. Again great food and service.

http://www.yellowgriffinpub.com/

I recently ate a burger that matched my title for worst burger ever: Carl's Jr is just as greasy, fatty and disgusting as the burger I ate about 6 years ago at the Bloor Jane Restaurant.

How can a chain sell garbage like this? Worse than McD's.

I wanted to hate it. I wanted to hate it so bad. But the "Eh? Burger" at Wahlburgers is my absolute fave right now.

5 oz burger with cheddar cheese, Canadian back bacon, the regular fixin's, and topped with a fried egg.

I haven't had an exceptional burger in Toronto yet. The best burger I've had was in Montreal at Hachoir. I've eaten there a couple of times, and each time was incredibly delicious. I highly recommend that place if you go to Montreal.

Big Smoke Burger was great when they first opened on King West as Craft Burger, but they've gone downhill as a chain compared to newer options. Same goes for Burger's Priest.

I recommend the following a serious upgrade:
  • Holy Chuck
  • P&L Burger

Big Smoke Burger was great when they first opened on King West as Craft Burger, but they've gone downhill as a chain compared to newer options.

I remember I tried Craft Burger just once when it first opened because I read about it in the paper and later saw Big Smoke Burger at the Eaton Centre, but didn't realize it was the same chain at first.

Somehow, the current Wikipedia page says it serves Somali cuisine among its products, but nothing I see on the menu particularly jumps out to me as that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Smoke_Burger

I remember I tried Craft Burger just once when it first opened because I read about it in the paper and later saw Big Smoke Burger at the Eaton Centre, but didn't realize it was the same chain at first.

Somehow, the current Wikipedia page says it serves Somali cuisine among its products, but nothing I see on the menu particularly jumps out to me as that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Smoke_Burger
I mentioned this on Wikipediocracy here.

Back