8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

jameschang112

Member Bio
Reaction score
Where do you think is the best place to view Toronto's skyline?

Restaurant wise, most people would say Canoe, but Scaramouche has a special place for me. I was actually interested in where I could park my car with the special lady and a cup of coffee and enjoy the view.

The best place I can think of is on Broadview between Danforth and Gerrard. Are there any others? I love watching the sunset over Toronto's skyline with her.

The best restaurant view I can think of is from 360 - that's pretty unconventional, though. In terms of sheer skyline, the best places I know tend to be ones that aren't dominated by restaurants; for that I'd suggest either the Islands or Gzowski Park. I think there are a few snack-type places along Lake Shore, too, so that might even work.

What's the food like at 360 these days? Haven't been there in ages.

The view of the downtown, seen through the statues in Ireland Park, is another favourite of mine.

I know it's not an original answer but driving into downtown from the west on the Gardiner is still one of the most memorable entrances into a city on this continent. Perhaps this is because the usual way to get into Manhattan is to scurry in through the Lincoln or some rail tunnel and the Triborough bridge approach from LaGuardia is just meh. Also, I've only driven to Oakland on the Bay bridge, not to Frisco, so maybe I'm missing something there, as well.

Anyway, traveling on the Gardiner you are lifted into the sky as if you were in a dream and you can turn your head (if you're not driving) to survey the growing city all around you. There's enough construction in this city that it never gets boring. Meanwhile, your car flies over expansion joints making a ba-dump, ba-dump sound that simulates your heart beating. It just doesn't get better than this.

Last edited:
The one time I went was last summer and at that time 360 wasn't so hot. The food was passable but certainly disappointing considering the build up.

I'm also curious where good sit-down views might be had without making an overly expensive dinner out of it.

Canoe is considered by many to be the best restaurants with an amazing view of Toronto. I favor Scaramouche, because of personal reasons, but it's view is just as good. Both these restaurants have great chefs and great food. Westin Harbour Castle has a good view as well, but like 360, the food is...meh. C5 advertises itself as a restaurant with a great view...I was disappointed. Panorama offers a great view of the city as well...but it's more of a lounge than a restaurant.

Anyway, traveling on the Gardiner you are lifted into the sky as if you were in a dream and you can turn your head (if you're not driving) to survey the growing city all around you. There's enough construction in this city that it never gets boring. Meanwhile, your car flies over expansion joints making a ba-dump, ba-dump sound that simulates your heart beating. It just doesn't get better than this.
I dislike the Gardiner, yet I agree 100% with this lovely version of how it feels to drive on it coming into town. It never fails to thrill me, or to make me feel lucky to live her. Well put.

I guess 360 is the only revolving restaurant in the city. Years ago the Westin Harbour Castle had a revolving restaurant, as did the 89 Chestnut st building which was the Holiday inn then changed to the Colony Hotel.

Canoe is considered by many to be the best restaurants with an amazing view of Toronto. I favor Scaramouche, because of personal reasons, but it's view is just as good. Both these restaurants have great chefs and great food. Westin Harbour Castle has a good view as well, but like 360, the food is...meh. C5 advertises itself as a restaurant with a great view...I was disappointed. Panorama offers a great view of the city as well...but it's more of a lounge than a restaurant.

This Panorama sounds intriguing...culinary shortcomings aside, how was it in general?

I dislike the Gardiner, yet I agree 100% with this lovely version of how it feels to drive on it coming into town. It never fails to thrill me, or to make me feel lucky to live her. Well put.

Might there be an argument for the eastward DVP/Gardiner approach as well? (Though that way, the skyline unveils itself more like a striptease...)

This Panorama sounds intriguing...culinary shortcomings aside, how was it in general?

It's great for a few drinks before heading out, or even a night cap. It's on the top floor of the Manulife building. Has a great patio as well. Probably the best view in the city. I believe there's a $5 cover on weekends.

the toula lounge at the top of the westin harbour has a 360 resto/bar with great views of the business district and the island. Really nice, and no admission fee. It doesn't rotate as far as I know. Last time I was there it was dead, and this was for summerlicious.

There is an old-school hotel bar on the roof of the Hyatt, at Avenue and Bloor, that has a killer patio overlooking the downtown core. On a sunny day it is fantastic.

It's great for a few drinks before heading out, or even a night cap. It's on the top floor of the Manulife building. Has a great patio as well. Probably the best view in the city. I believe there's a $5 cover on weekends.

Thanks. The other places mentioned here sound good too.

Back