News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

ok guys I'm looking for a good selection, reasonably priced Sushi Buffet place. Any suggestions?

I've been to the one on the Danforth and was throughly disappointed with the petite menu selection. I'm used to 100 item places!

I don't know what the best is, but my friend and I always have a good dins at Sushi Sky on Yonge just north of College/Carlton.
Their "C-8" is my personal fave.

ok guys I'm looking for a good selection, reasonably priced Sushi Buffet place. Any suggestions?

There's an $18 all you can sushi place on the north side of Baldwin, I can't remember the name but you can't miss it. I was there last night and it was really good with quite an extensive menu.

As with any cuisine, "sushi buffet" or "all you can eat" is never the best. Sushi by its very nature should always be made to order.

But if you're not looking for the better restaurants, there are more all you can eat places popping up that are better than mediocre. Be forewarned that more of these places are starting to implement a penalty surcharge for leaving uneaten food on your plate.

If you don't mind a drive, try Aji Sai on Bayview, south of Hwy. 7. This is all you can eat, but also made to order.

I've been to a few "all you can eat" places downtown and they've all been made to order. There are plenty out there.

If you don't mind a drive, try Aji Sai on Bayview, south of Hwy. 7. This is all you can eat, but also made to order.
It's ok, however grossly over priced. I used to go to that plaza for lunch in high school, but back then it was Bentleys, and pizza pizza was still there.

Aji Sai on the south side of Danforth, between Pape and Jones. Not an all you can eat, but reasonable prices for specials at lunch and a great selection. Try their Kamakazi, Dragon or Spider Makis. All very delicious.

I've been to a few "all you can eat" places downtown and they've all been made to order. There are plenty out there.

That's right...I've never been to an all you can eat sushi place that wasn't made to order. You just tell the server whenever you want some more food.

There was one on Charles near Yonge which was an all you can eat sushi buffet. It was horrible. It was maybe a step above the packaged, refrigerated sushi you can get at some supermarkets.

Thankfully, that restaurant has been renovated and maybe changed hands. It is now called Masa and is not too bad. Had a nice teppan dinner there; there teppan menu has more variety than most.

I haven't had a really bad sushi experience until tonight. I had dinner at the Sushi Palace on Queen West and it blew. Not only did the sushi not taste very good (way too much cucumber), the tuna tasted like it was starting to go bad. I've had meat that tasted like it was past its best before date at other Asian restaurants but never at a Japanese restaurant before. Avoid this place like the plaque... the washroom was incredibly filthy too.

The Japan Foundation does a nice job with the raw fish served at their soirees. Considering who they are, I assume they hire the best sushi people in town.

For those of you looking for sushi outside the downtown, I would recommend Takare Bune, at Vic Park and Sheppard (next to the Chuck E Cheese :\ ). Also in the area, on Pharmancy just south of Sheppard, the chef from Sushi Kaji has started another restaurant...

There's an amazing place on the north side of Sheppard just west of Brimley that breaks the you-get-what-you-pay-for rule. It only makes sushi (there's no real kitchen, just the sushi counter) and they use top-quality fish. Most places I won't even bother with sashimi but here it's great.

Are there any places in TO with a sushi conveyor? I tried it in Hong Kong and it was great fun. A conveyor belt for food is pretty much my dreams become reality.

maxy:

There will be one on Yonge (just north of Charles, on the west side) soon at the spot where there used to be an Indian restaurant.

AoD

Back