News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

SD is right. The club scene changes with the seasons, all depends on what's hot what's not.

A new club is opening up this summer, it will be located on Richmond just past the joker ( not sure >D ) It will be owned by Toronto Raptors Vince Carter & JYD. Plans are to play hip hop/rap only. :\

BC:

I think the club is opened...isn't Inside Nightclub co-owned by Vince Carter? Or is he opening another?

The bar at Bymark is really nice. The interior was designed by Yabu Pushelberg, and the view of the TD Centre can't be beat.

I think you have to take in consideration what type of music that the individual goes for. So it's hard to rate every club if you're into a certain music genre. Personally I am into R&B, Hip Hop, retro and some dance. I like the Docks, Berlin and Money ...these are places I enjoyed the most.

Funny, I've always heard clubbing in Toronto was pretty good. Haven't visited any of the clubs though (except IT, which was alright...neat space).

Yes, Sona was great. Never liked Stereo much - too many messy kids and overaged muscle mary's. Plus, I was never a big fan of Mark Anthony's.

Best clubs in Toronto bar none:

1. Indian motorcycle. Very upscale very mature. Girls are freindly beyond compare. I love this place and its where i hang most summer saturday evenings.(awesome hookup club)

2. G spot. - Sweaty sticky and nasty. Girls grinding on your crotch all nite. If u like that kinda thang , thats the place to be on a saturday night. (awesome hookup club)

3. If you like ethnic Trinidadian/ and Guyanese women. Then Club sando's is a choice of the discriminating connosiors it has the best women of the caribbean in one night club.

I might be a 28 year old man, but i live life like a 19 year old for real. Enjoy life you only live once.

darkstar> have you been to It on a sunday? I've not been yet (and i heard they're moving to friday nights) but as far as i can tell it might have a little bit of that Industry feeling. Matt C is involved, so mebbe that's why i think that. And it isn't in clubland, thank god.

Toronto has good nights now, but not consistent clubs in the sense that Industry has cultural integrity - events like Fukhouse/Building Blocks & Movement parties are tons of fun with good music and a generally hip crowd.

Shawn: IT has indeed been moved to Fridays (how the hell do I know this, I don´t even live in the country!) ...when it was on Sundays, it was always really good - but the upstairs was pretty sweaty and crowded. You always knew you would find all of your Church St Krew there... I always had a lot of fun. Good music on the 1st floor.

Yes Shawn, SimplyDan is right, "Boys Night Out" moved to Fridays a few weeks back. I've been once since the move and used to go to the Sundays quite regularly. Upstairs is your basic circuity, sweaty scene with shirtless boys dancing to some Thunder Puss remix. Downstairs in the Pura Lounge is indeed Matt C and he tries his best to get the gay minions into decent house music, but for the most part nobody pays attention and it's pretty much a ghost-town down there lately. I'm in no hurry to go back, unless you want to make a date of it? :p

JASON :)

IT-Fly Comparison

shawn/Dark/simply:
How does IT compare to Fly? I've not been.
From your descriptions they sound like identical club experiences.

Re: IT-Fly Comparison

Upstairs at IT is pretty much identical with FLY. Downstairs at IT is completely different, but is quickly dying.

Anybody go to BUDDIES anymore? Just curious.

Ug, so sad to hear that the crowded room at It is the Circut room. I guess i expected that. Circut is music for people with no independent thoughts. And nice abs. But abs with no brain to go with them are gross.

Gay culture created House music, the good stuff. It's such a shame, and dissapointment that so many queer folk are into the bad music. I want to yell "you should know better"!

Ya, Fly is a nice venue architectually (the 3rd floor balcony is neat), but the music is circut toilet. And too many dummies with their shirts off. I guess that's why i've been there only once.

Might try It next weekend perhaps when some folks come to visit - the only good part about the good House/Matt C room being less popular means more space to dance around. Does It get a lineup, or can you go anytime and not worry?

We stood in line for a bit at Buddies on saturday - big long line - but they were letting lots of people go in front of the line - so we left out of principal. Seemed very unbuddies.

Shawn,

IT can get a crazy line-up if you show up after 11:30pm. I was in line for over an hour once, so keep that in mind with the way the weather's been.

I was at Buddies a couple weeks back. The place never changes, but at least it's something different as far as gay clubbing in T.O. goes. I don't know why, but I've always felt more comfortable at Buddies than any other gay club in this city. I'd take an ugly BUDDIES boy over a pretty FLY boy anyday to be honest. Ha! :lol

Shawn, have you been to DEMF?

Back