News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This is what condos need to offer. Bike lockups that do not show what’s inside. Developers could sell these along with or instead of parking spots.

bike-locker-propark-structural-panels.png

bike-locker-propark-key-safe.jpg

Of course they sneak them in. Some management companies are stricter at enforcing the rules than others.

Of course they sneak them in. Some management companies are stricter at enforcing the rules than others.
I wonder how they sneak them in, since the mgmt can clearly see the bicycles on the balconies. I suppose one could leave their bike inside the unit. I don't think the condo or HOA life is for me, I like to do what I want.

I always kept mine in the unit, never on the balcony. I didn't sneak it in, it was allowed.

Not all managers do a building scan to see what is on the balconies. People also leave bikes in hallways which, besides being a risk for theft, is against fire code rules (impeding exit, etc).

And yes, condo life is an interesting thing. Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes "common sense" and many people think the rules don't apply to them: why would I actually put the garbage down the garbage chute when I can leave it on the floor? My dog peed on the elevator floor, why would I clean that up -- we have staff for that! Why are my fees going up? Do we really need to pay so much for cleaning? Fun times.

Not quite sure why this almost comatose thread has been revived but many condos allow bikes inside Units (often only using a freight elevator to get there.) Ours does (and only entering/exiting building via garage) and owners also have option of buying a key to our (rather small and crowded) bike room or attaching their bike(s) to a hook in their parking space. I suspect that the bike boxes shown above would not be allowed inside garages under the Fire Code.

Not quite sure why this almost comatose thread has been revived but many condos allow bikes inside Units (often only using a freight elevator to get there.) Ours does (and only entering/exiting building via garage) and owners also have option of buying a key to our (rather small and crowded) bike room or attaching their bike(s) to a hook in their parking space. I suspect that the bike boxes shown above would not be allowed inside garages under the Fire Code.
Might not be a problem if they are fire-proof boxes. Or, they could be perforated metal so water could penetrate.

I always kept mine in the unit, never on the balcony. I didn't sneak it in, it was allowed.

Not all managers do a building scan to see what is on the balconies. People also leave bikes in hallways which, besides being a risk for theft, is against fire code rules (impeding exit, etc).

And yes, condo life is an interesting thing. Everyone has their own idea of what constitutes "common sense" and many people think the rules don't apply to them: why would I actually put the garbage down the garbage chute when I can leave it on the floor? My dog peed on the elevator floor, why would I clean that up -- we have staff for that! Why are my fees going up? Do we really need to pay so much for cleaning? Fun times.

Oh don't get me started! Throwing cigarette butts and causing fires in someone else's balcony, sweeping crap off your balcony into mine, trying to stuff a Christmas tree down the garbage chute (serious!), throwing loose recycling items down the chute including glass, pets pooping on shared rooftop and not cleaning it up....

With respect to bicycles: the two condo's I've been in do not allow bicycles in the unit/balcony. From what I understood, it was mostly about tracking dirt through the common elements which would increase cleaning fees. There were dedicated bike racks and space in the parking garage and so people were supposed to use those.

I realize this is an old post, but I am wondering if anybody has any ideas of where I can purchase a vertical 2-bike rack for my parking spot that belongs to my condo? Also if I can get someone to install it as well... I called the condo's management, and they said they would allow me to install one at my expense, they just need a picture of the rack. i have reached out online to a couple companies but they seem to do bulk installation/selling.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Reactions: DSC

Back