News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

I really hope they decide to make this look more attractive, since it's going to be permanent.

CBC.ca has also posted a story about it.

I can see that transit agency has painted lines on the ground for the people on the platform to line up and wait... but they haven't exactly solved the wait time if the attendants take the time to squeeze people on the train. Anybody have any other examples?

I can see that transit agency has painted lines on the ground for the people on the platform to line up and wait... but they haven't exactly solved the wait time if the attendants take the time to squeeze people on the train. Anybody have any other examples?

but can you imagine what would happen of the measures weren't there?

I'm going to have to use Bloor station (I usually use my nearest station on the University line to go southbound) sometime soon to check this out.

Are the temporary pylons/cones and beams what they will be using "permanently" or are actual gates being drilled into the floor? Because something about it scares me in the case there was a fire or emergency... aren't there any issues around fire code/ ability to leave the station freely while it's crowded?

The barriers are portable, and the crowd control measures are only used during rush hour so it wont be a problem.

So that's why I didn't notice much difference when I was there today. Haha.

Now if only they could control the crowds in the front of buses and streetcars.

We need the same crowd controllers to get people to move back and exit using the center doors.

Or maybe we should just ask them nicely.

"Go to the back."
terminator4comingsoon.JPG

Or
"Leave center doors, you will."
yoda.jpg

I believe that the picture earlier was of the JR East Yamanote line in Tokyo.

In the Hong Kong MTR, they have markings on the floor for where to stand.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5c/MTR_Hong_Kong_platform_screen_doors.jpg

These should be fairly easy to implement, though trains have to stop approximately in the same place all the time.

What about during rush hour re-implement the interlining where every other train diverts to the Yonge line.

If there's a delay, then announce that they'll instantly stop it to prevent cross-lining problems from spreading throughout the system.

Interlining is not possible between the Bloor and Yonge lines, and it's no longer feasible between the Bloor and University lines because the Spadina subway uses up all of University's track time.

It is possible to route every 4th train from the east and west on BD to University via the wye in place of the St. Clair West AM short turn, but the exact timing required to merge the routes smoothly would be a problem.

Just wanted to add it was the timing issues that killed the wye connection. Even if trains were released from the terminals at uniform intervals, they would not arrive at the wye with an even spacing. The signals were set up in such a way that you had to hit the wye entrances and exits with almost split second timing. This didn't work, so the wye was operated manually.

Lowerbay, just a reminder that you can edit your last post to add new information :)

Back