News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

A sort of rendering of the exterior of the new Rolex space on the St. Thomas hoarding.
B63AF73E-32D8-4CB6-B853-A1F7C4FA3D64.jpeg

Kinda like their watches *ducks*.

AoD

In fairness to them, I think a couple of their 'classics' look fine. ( a few don't); but I would observe lots of watchmakers produce near-identical designs at 90% off vs Rolex.

Equally, I find their high end stuff is actually worse looking than their entry level product, they often seem to get lost when searching for a point of differentiation.

I mean, seriously:

1677003302774.png

$125k for this dayglow looking trim work? I wouldn't suggest anyone pay that for a good looking watch; its a factor of 20x over the most anyone should ever consider paying. But....seriously, I think people might pay not to wear that one.

$55k for the Black version:

1677003484678.png

LOL

Last edited:
Dominos are starting to fall on Bloor street, with the most recent being the news today that Holt Renfrew will be moving its mens department back to the flagship sometime in 2024.

https://retail-insider.com/bulletin...-on-torontos-bloor-street-back-into-flagship/

Let the speculation begin on what could go into the former Roots flagship, which btw....was such an iconic and cool location. Does anyone else have fond memories of the upstairs 'olympic' section, with all the chairs in front of the giant windows?

Dominos are starting to fall on Bloor street, with the most recent being the news today that Holt Renfrew will be moving its mens department back to the flagship sometime in 2024.

https://retail-insider.com/bulletin...-on-torontos-bloor-street-back-into-flagship/

Let the speculation begin on what could go into the former Roots flagship, which btw....was such an iconic and cool location. Does anyone else have fond memories of the upstairs 'olympic' section, with all the chairs in front of the giant windows?
My speculation; It'll sit empty for three years and finally be leased by some small overly expensive brand that'll ultimately vacate the spot three years further down the road.

Clearly, no retailer is guaranteed success, or success in any one spot; that said, I don't think any overall sense of alarm is justified at this point.

Prospective tenants are already touring the Nordstrom Rack space.

That's not a guarantee of any deal or deals being done, of course, some spaces awkward and others, well capitalized landlords don't want to rent at any less than 'x' per ft2, and so some spaces will sit empty.

But there's plenty of interest in Yorkville, as in almost any other decent retail location in the City.

Clearly, no retailer is guaranteed success, or success in any one spot; that said, I don't think any overall sense of alarm is justified at this point.

Prospective tenants are already touring the Nordstrom Rack space.

That's not a guarantee of any deal or deals being done, of course, some spaces awkward and others, well capitalized landlords don't want to rent at any less than 'x' per ft2, and so some spaces will sit empty.

But there's plenty of interest in Yorkville, as in almost any other decent retail location in the City.
Interest doesn't translate to leases if everyone's priced out of the market. How long has unit #4 just next door been vacant? It's a beautiful spot with a great history, I'm sure many are interested in it.

Back