News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Re: re: gucci

Diesel has a store on Queen West, doesn't it? That's the area that makes sense to me for them and Energie, etc...

I've noticed that too - I just assumed their leases were all up at around the same time, and so they are all getting the landlord funded reno as a reward for renewing.

Anyone else getting tired of seeing beige plaid everywhere?

I've always thought of that pattern as sort of colonial. Virtually everyone from Hong Kong wears it because it supposedly represents British "sophistication". It is ubiquitous!!

I wear mine because it still fits nicely after 20 years, looks more interesting with spots of rain on than darker materials, and goes nicely with bluejeans.

Hasn't the all Burberry, all the time look been derided as one of the signatures of chav culture for a while now?

I'm keeping my Burberry trousers in the tickle trunk until they become fashionable again.

It would be nice to get some of the trendier middle-end designers to open a store. G-star, Diesel, Energie/Miss Sixty all do great retail. Gucci's nice an all, but $550 for a pair of jeans? Not likely. Plus the selection at Holt's is sometimes tiny.
Agreed, these middle-end designer boutiques are all conspicuously absent from Toronto's retail picture.

Prada at 131 Bloor is doubling their size. They've acquired the empty store beside them and will have the expansion dedicated to menswear.

A few more updates from the Yorkville area:

Hermes is set to being renovations and possible expansion.
DKNY is looking for space on Bloor but apparently can't find it.
Crates and Barrel was actively seeking space on Bloor but refused to take second floor space (1 Bloor E)
Hugo Boss is building a new boutique on Hazelton in a beautiful Victorian (mostly catering to men, this time). This would be its fourth property in the Yorkville area.
Prada is expanding by doubling its size and introducing a menswear department
Chanel should be done by mid-August. I had a peek inside and it looks fantastic.
Plaza Escada has finally completed their renos.. Beautiful store.
Cartier has secured prime Bloor space but won't disclose the location.

There's a few more, but I can't remember them all at this time:S

Quite the roundup of Yorkville activity - thanks! Interesting times for shopping in this city... and they can't get 1 Bloor East built fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

(And could somebody please bulldoze Cumberland Terrace and The Hudson's Bay Centre and start again?)

Quite the roundup of Yorkville activity - thanks! Interesting times for shopping in this city... and they can't get 1 Bloor East built fast enough as far as I'm concerned.

(And could somebody please bulldoze Cumberland Terrace and The Hudson's Bay Centre and start again?)

There's even more.. Yorkville is booming! People feel good - people are spending. Those high-end boutiques are absolutely packed every day I walk by them.. It must truly be a good time for Toronto's elite (Versace, come back!)
A few more I remember:

Hugo Boss: The new boutique on Hazelton will be a HUGO instead of the two BOSS' we have now.
Feet First on Bloor has started renovations
Marc Anthony is opening a salon in the beautiful faux-historic building on Avenue (with the arch)
Lululemon is continuing their renovations at 130 Bloor (including the space formerly known as Cartier)
Town Shoes has a new flagship going up beside the Far Coast cafe. I'm willing to bet a whole lot of money that the old location in 131 Bloor is Cartier's new one.
The Kabballah Centre vacated their space on Hazelton (which is taken by the HUGO boutique) and has relocated beside the Dolce one.

That's about all I can remember this morning - it's so hard to keep track of retail in this area, but that's my job.. Afterall

Cumberland Terrace SERIOUSLY needs to get imploded. It doesn't belong in Toronto, and in Yorkville it's plain insulting! Hopefully a developer will soon see the value in that property and decide to put up a hotel/condo/retail mix that the location deserves. I quite like the Hudson's Bay building.. Guess because it's not in such an awkward location.

I forgot to add this - I guess the first retailer in 100 Yorkville has been announced. The old Sinai facade will become Teatro Verde (something along the lines of a stay-at-home ultra rich woman's Pottery Barn reincarnate).. It's a shame, it would have been better as a clothing boutique.

Back