News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There's probably "just" enough room if they built an extension on top of the shorter Richmond-facing part of the former CHUM-City Building, filled in the parking lot with a 4-7 floor building and took-over those last remaining stores on the site's north-east corner. Whether that's all a good idea (or financially viable) is debateable. I do foresee - at least - CFTO moving downtown sooner than later and potentially some CTV News programs (particularly Canada AM).

There's probably "just" enough room if they built an extension on top of the shorter Richmond-facing part of the former CHUM-City Building, filled in the parking lot with a 4-7 floor building and took-over those last remaining stores on the site's north-east corner. Whether that's all a good idea (or financially viable) is debateable. I do foresee - at least - CFTO moving downtown sooner than later and potentially some CTV News programs (particularly Canada AM).

I always imagined the CHUM City building's parking lot getting redeveloped into a stunning midrise with a glassed atrium facing Queen. There is actually quite a bit of room all around there to build a significantly sized complex.

Anyway, back to Yorkville.

Looks like North Face is taking over the old Puma location. Didn't think they'd pick this kind of location. I had also heard rumours that BCBG was going to move west to said location, but I guess it's not happening anymore. Anyone know what's going on with the old MAC store? I guess the Links of London rumour wasn't true since there are For Lease signs.

northface.jpg

UGGS is taking over the vacant space on St. Thomas St. across the Windsor Arms. The new store will include the existing m0851 space.

It looks like there is finally some construction activity at 150 Bloor. It's hard to see but if you walk through the Passage to Yorkville you will see a building permit on a construction door.

Hoarding has gone up on the old Godiva space, beside Cartier and behind La Societe in the Colonnade. Does anyone have any idea what is moving in here?

Signage at 150 Bloor is coming down as of this morning. Which means hoarding should be going up very soon. Will be nice to finally see who's moving in there - other than LV.

A german hosiery company called Fogal. Their other North American stores are on Madison Ave and Michigan Avenue.

Y don't they tell us??? Do they want to surprise us??? Is it a marketing ploy?? Don't get it!!

A german hosiery company called Fogal. Their other North American stores are on Madison Ave and Michigan Avenue.

Interesting. Their website makes it look like they're pretty shi-shi. Apparently they're a higher end, more exclusive version of Wolfords. Good location for them.

I was totally expecting to see who else was also taking the space. Will be interesting to see who moves into the house that LV has now. Kevric is very tight-lipped about who's moving into 150 Bloor.

Toronto is in love with Louis Vuitton. What else could explain the fact that the city’s two-storey Bloor St. flagship isn’t big enough to satiate the stylish hordes hungry for patchwork purses, angora skating skirts and velvet pumps?

On Tuesday, Louis Vuitton vice-president of Canada and Bermuda, Jean-Philippe Hecquet, told a gathering of top clients that the Toronto flagship would be moving to the north side of Bloor St. and tripling in size. The store will be located at 150 Bloor St. W. and is scheduled to open in the summer of 2012. “Our clients travel and get frustrated when they see things in other cities that they can’t get here,” Hecquet noted prior to an informal showing of the pre-fall collection.

After the presentation, women (two of whom laughed off arriving in the same pink dress from the spring collection) roamed the racks, snapping up tweed-y knits and wedge-soled pumps hand-set with crystals. Favourite pieces from the collection—inspired by ’20s Art Deco and the striped fabric works of artist Louise Bourgeois—included a chocolate-brown shearling vest, an orange-violet leopard-spotted silk dress based on Stephen Sprouse’s graffiti print, and a navy cashmere cardigan with heavily-sequined pockets—just right for Aspen or Gstaad.

http://www.fashionmagazine.com/blog...louis-vuitton-to-expand-its-toronto-flagship/

Tripling its size? Damn it will be a big store.

That will make it close to 20,000 square feet! I believe the existing store is 6,500 sq. ft. I wonder where that puts it in relation to some of the other biggest LV stores worldwide. It will be BY FAR the biggest in Canada, double the Vancouver store. In that case 10,000 sq. ft remain at 150 Bloor which is probably where this 'major European brand' that we've been hearing so much about will set up.

Back