News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but last week I noticed a new luggage shop across the street from the new Four Seasons called Piquadro. Coincidentally, the Star had an article mentioning it.

Just blocks away on Bay Street, Italian-based newcomer Piquadro has just opened its doors with its first North American location.
Founded in 1987 by Marco Palmieri (the name “piquadro” means p squared in Italian, for Palmieri and pelleterie, or leather), the strength of the line is its meticulous design functionality (every piece expands and converts, and is outfitted with numerous organizational pockets) as well as its fashion-forward design sensibility.

“We think that people are looking for more style in their travel,” says Piquadro’s marketing manager, Teresa Varga, who feels that the collectability of handbags in past seasons is crossing over into the luggage industry.

Hence Piquadro’s twice-yearly seasonal luggage collections.

does anyone have any idea what the renovations on the corner of 150 Bloor West (beside the HSBC Bank on Avenue Road) are for? They are installing glass panels and I noticed a Louis Vuitton hoarding panel inside. Could this be the temporary store while the new location is under construction, therefore vacating the current LV spot on Bloor for another retailer?

does anyone have any idea what the renovations on the corner of 150 Bloor West (beside the HSBC Bank on Avenue Road) are for? They are installing glass panels and I noticed a Louis Vuitton hoarding panel inside. Could this be the temporary store while the new location is under construction, therefore vacating the current LV spot on Bloor for another retailer?

LV's old spot would make for a cool 'House of Dior. Maybe this is finally the 'major European brand' that we heard about back in February.

where did u get this source from?

I don't have a source...I'm guessing that the old LV spot would make a good House of Dior. I don't have a clue if that will happen. The 'major European brand' reference is coming from a tweet back in February from Lisa Tant. There hasn't been any news on it since.

It's been months since the tweet an Bo news yet. Must be the recession!

I don't think it's recession related. There's no real recession here anyway. These things always seem to take forever, and I do frankly think that whoever it will be will taking over LV's old spot or moving into the spot beside the new LV.

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 330218 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 22, 2011

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal to construct a canopy and exterior terrace for future Starbucks.

Back to Search Results page

Application: Zoning Review Status: Not Started

TORONTO ON M5S 2X9

Ward 27: Toronto Centre-Rosedale

Application#: 11 330218 ZPR 00 ZR Accepted Date: Dec 22, 2011

Project: Multiple-Use Building Other Proposal

Description: Proposal to construct a canopy and exterior terrace for future Starbucks.

Back to Search Results page

Seriously??? That is hopefully not the spot right beside LV!

^ I'm thinking it might be on the west side of the building just north of LV. The patio would be facing the Church. Not a bad spot if that's the case.

There are 3 spots at 150 Bloor.

There is about 850 square feet next to the HSBC on the north west end of the property, there is 3000 square feet + 5000 square feet of mezzanine space directly next to LV, and there is 1372 square feet directly north of LV before the passageway.

I'd assume that Starbucks is going into one of the smaller spots.

There are 3 spots at 150 Bloor.

There is about 850 square feet next to the HSBC on the north west end of the property, there is 3000 square feet + 5000 square feet of mezzanine space directly next to LV, and there is 1372 square feet directly north of LV before the passageway.

I'd assume that Starbucks is going into one of the smaller spots.

That makes sense...

That being said I do wish it was a Laduree or something different from a Starbucks (there's the one on cumberland, the one on bloor underneath Winners, the one under holts, the one on Bay street at Yorkville, and the one in 1 Bedford fairly close PLUS the Britnels Starbucks and the one under the Bay... and new one opening at Bay and Charles) am I missing anything? Oh and one in Indigo.....

You can't walk around with an LV handbag without having a Venti Starbucks Skinny Caramel Macchiato in hand.

Back